1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh dear....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oakesy2001uk, 6 Feb 2006.

1. Oakesy2001uk

Mobster

Just recieved this, I have worked on the helpdesk for 5 months. Its not looking good for me is it...

Dear Colleague

Due to ongoing financial restraints across the business it has been necessary to carry out a review of employment costs within MWS. As a result of this review it has become necessary to initiate a headcount restructure exercise which will begin next week. If you are to be affected by this then you will be contacted by your manager.

I regret that we have had to take this step, and will advise you when the exercise has been completed.

Yours

Paul Higgins
    MWS BU Director

2. KaHn

Capodecina

That will be a mass email, just keep doing your job, if you go you go.

KaHn

3. Tru

Mobster

Management speak makes me retch, 'headcount restructure excercise'? Gimme a break.

4. Sic

Capodecina

oooh, hope everything's ok with your job mate. i'm so tempted to google your manager's name :p

5. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

Yeah. Chin up, it might not be you. Just keep going, anything you do now isn't going to change this, they know who is going already..

Stay positive..

6. pyro

Capodecina

Nothing good there!

7. Oakesy2001uk

Mobster

ah well, I'm sure I could get annother job, just means paying loan payments etc... on overdraft until I do. Chin up. Mite not be going anywhere but not looking great! I'll just go on a management punching spree if I do! lol :D

8. Oakesy2001uk

Mobster

Oh and My manager is cool and a friend of mine and knows nothing completely in the dark, that was a director and its a very big company!

9. qwerty

Wise Guy

Offer to remove your head? The headcount will go down so you'll keep your job!

10. Sic

Capodecina

lol, thanks :)

11. AJUK

Man of Honour

As Tru has rightly pointed out

"headcount restructure exercise" and "financial restraints" and referring to it all as an excercise is typical management psychobabble.

What they really mean, and I can't understand why they just don't say it, is "We're skint and need to sack some of you" or more accurately, they haven't run the business properly and in order to save their own jobs need to get rid of the workers.

Hope it all works out for you.

12. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

What a crappy way to tell people they're potentially going to lose their jobs. That sucks.

13. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

Yeah, been there before.. Hurts being out of work and loans to pay. But it always works out in the end. Management always sugar coat don't they..

As already said, "we're broke, need to save, so your out..!!". best of luck..

14. PsiFox

Mobster

Or remove someone else's head instead.

He may prefer that ;)

15. Tru

Mobster

Reply with this:

Dearest Paul

Due to an ongoing distaste for the extraordinary level of BS in your emails it has been necessary to carry out a review of my employment within MWS. As a result of this review I have decided to assist you in your headcount restructuring exercise. I hereby specifically express my immediate resignation from this company. If you wish to discuss the matter, you may contact me at the local hostelry where you will find me imbibing several beakers of gaseous libation.

Up Yours

Oakesy2001uk

16. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

Resign and you'll lose any redundancy payment you're entitled to.

17. Oakesy2001uk

Mobster

God I would love to! have a meeting with him this afternoon(blagged in as my desk representitive), there will be some questions but no none BS answers i think.
    Might just start looking now pay is carp anyway!....

18. Oakesy2001uk

Mobster

only been here since 1st september....

19. VeNT

Capodecina

why can't they say "we've got to tighten our belts, someones got to go, we'll tell you if its you."

oh and if they don't have to pay you redundancy, then your for the chop tbh

20. Muban

Soldato

Keep working hard though. Sometimes it is last in - first out but not always. They can sometimes use this oppertunity to get rid of the slackers and keep a hold of the good workers - I have seen this happen before. I wouldn't give up hope just yet.