Oh No... Valentines Day

Soldato
Guys shouldn't knock Valentines day. It's one of the few days they can let the woman they care about know how they feel by giving her flowers without being asked 'OK, what have you done?' :p

As it happens I have never received flowers on valentines and only ever been given one card (16 years ago by a male friend to cheer me up). Even so, bitter old me still thinks it's nice that it gives some people that little nudge they sometimes need to do something nice. I was going to send a card this year but not sure it would be appreciated so may not.

Permabanned
Muban said:
Guys shouldn't knock Valentines day. It's one of the few days they can let the woman they care about know how they feel by giving her flowers without being asked 'OK, what have you done?' :p

As it happens I have never received flowers on valentines and only ever been given one card (16 years ago by a male friend to cheer me up). Even so, bitter old me still thinks it's nice that it gives some people that little nudge they sometimes need to do something nice. I was going to send a card this year but not sure it would be appreciated so may not.

I'll send you flowers lass. Emails in trust.
I would love to make a bitter old Scots lass a happy bunny ;)

Soldato
Space Cowboy said:
So, make something? She'll appreciate it far more.

Meh, I've written a poem. My point was that there doesn't really need to be a special day to show your affection on and I resent feeling obliged to do so, I guess.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Im happily involved and am flying out to NYC on tuesday to spend a few weeks with her, and i have a surprise for her...gonna ask her to marry me:D:D...best day to do it is on valentines day:D

Woah mate !! Good luck with that :) I did not think that you'd known eachother all that long ?

Soldato
Muban said:

As it happens I have never received flowers on valentines and only ever been given one card (16 years ago by a male friend to cheer me up). Even so, bitter old me still thinks it's nice that it gives some people that little nudge they sometimes need to do something nice.

That's very well said! :D

Last year I had the best valentines day ever so this year will suck in comparrison! :(

This year I'm single but I don't really mind. No doubt it will be a valentines like many before the 2005 one and it'll be over before you know it.

Soldato
Well after some more communication with her, I have come to the conclusion I will probably be single for valentines day (unless my "plan" works out).

She "doesn't want to be in a relationship" despite still having feelings for me. I'm sick of being treated like a doormat in this sitaution. So I've told her I'm not gonna ask her anything about the relationship at all and we're just gonna carry on talking etc as we were (we were flirting a hell of a lot last week). If she wants me, then she can come to me because I'm sick and tired of doing all the work and getting nothing. I'm gonna make her see what she's missing.

One slight deviation to it is that we have agreed to tell eachother out feelings and if either of us ever want to talk then we will make time to do it. We've arranged a time once a week to have a chat about things (although I've said if she wants to talk any other time it's fine) so we can see where we stand but apart from that I'm not gonna say anything about the relationship unless she brings it up first.

Gonna get in touch with my mate Ross (whom I have not seen too much recently, mainly due to Kirsty) and get some stuff sorted out like going out a lot more often. I'm sick of being sat inside being bored and worrying about what's gonna happen to me, I need to make things happen!

Slightly back on topic, I will probably send her a rose or something for Valentines maybe with a note saying "thinking of you", something like that to make her think a bit but without being too heavy.

Onwards!

Associate
Alone this time. All those suckers with girlfriends who have to go out for a nice meal, get thoughtful gifts and get laid. Jokes on you.

Hmm, tastes like lemon.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Kell_ee001 said:
Last year I had the best valentines day ever so this year will suck in comparrison! :(
But just think, one day you'll have a valentines day that will beat that too! :)

Soldato
MiGSY said:
First time I've been single for, hmm...let's see..

18 years :D

Do I win? :p
Damn you beat me by a couple of months :D

The money that some people are spending on valentines gifts, meals, etc. I will be spending on BEER! A very special gift to the one I love, me of course.

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
first time ive been single for 3years ....

one of a few things thats getting me down.

anyone else dreading it... or is everyone here happily involved.

Well the last time I was on my own on Valentines day was 1999, so 7 years ago :D I'm not dreading it at all................I survived back then ok somehow ;) lol

Don't let all the happy couples get you down..........when you see them, instead of begrudging them and thinking you dont have "it" any more, be happy for them and know you've got it coming to you again in the future. For now.....count the extra £££'s you've saved and treat yaself to something nice :)

Associate
Raymond Lin said:
Valentine's day is the only day of the year when you can shower a girl gifts annomously and still not get arrested for stalking. ;)

Made me laugh.

I'm sending a card out to the young lady I know who lived in japan, sending it via the USA so it should be untraceable! (I expect she will guess it's from me, she did last time I sent her £100 of red roses! what was I thinking)

Apart from that it's a free single and cheap day, even posted the card from work "borrowing" their stamps, nice card though.

Permabanned
If you've been married for ages a packet of aspirin is a good valentines day present to give - allegedly.

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
first time ive been single for 3years ....

one of a few things thats getting me down.

anyone else dreading it... or is everyone here happily involved.

First time I've been single in 3 years too. So it's the first time I'm looking forward to it in 3 years. I'm taking a couple of my single female friends out for a meal but I don't have to clart about with romantic gestures or spending a fortune. Result. :D

Permabanned
Murf said:
First time I've been single in 3 years too. So it's the first time I'm looking forward to it in 3 years. I'm taking a couple of my single female friends out for a meal but I don't have to clart about with romantic gestures or spending a fortune. Result. :D

Hold on! You got rid of one woman only to take two women out on valentines day itself.
Are you sure you won't be spending a fortune? ;)

Back
Top Bottom