OK, Dell = Pants

Permabanned
OK some advice please...!

Ive organised a return of my 3007WFP due to transit damage.

I remain UTTERLY unconvinced that anything is going to go right, as I spent over an hour on the fone being passed around.

The monitor is/was registered with the reseller as the owner.

Finally they took my delivery address, and promised to get one sent out.

She informed me that collection would take place in 4 days or less, and a new one delivered in 10 days or less.

Seems odd as theres no way in hell im going to hand over the one ive got, and prey that some indians have got the replacement order put through properly......

Midway through all this, I submitted a form to change the ownership from the reseller to me.

Anyone think ive got a hope in hell?

It really is comedy going though to dell in India, surely a business cannot run like this?

The US dell site mentions the warranty as being "swap out" on the 3007 page, and makes it clear they collect at the same time as delivering the new one.

Am I within my rights to keep a hold of the damaged on until the new one arrives?

Also are my chances of getting a refurb high?

I was promised a brand new unit, but remain convinced there going to send me a second hand CD rom or something instead, it was REALLY that bad.

Had no lunch today and wasted over an hour and a half on this with Dell.

Is this inline with other peoples experience?

Sorry to moan so much, and write a long post, but I really wanted to get this off my chest.

Ross

Oh, and I had to spell out Trading Estate phonetically. (honestly)

Soldato
Firstly it is the responsibility of your retailer to replace damaged / faulty goods within the first 28 days - no matter what they tell you. Check with your local trading standards if you want to confirm this, avoiding Dell would be so much better than having to deal with them.

As the monitor was initially registered with the retailer you may get a refurb from Dell depending on how long the retailer had kept it in stock.

Dell never mentioned a change of ownership form to me, hence they sent the replacement to OCUK instead of me despite me having told them where to send it, and hence they refunded OCUK instead of me after I gave up and sent it back. They really are not geared up to deal with customers of retailers at all.

I would not accept a pickup and then a later delivery, what if this is your only monitor, as far as they know it is but they don't care whether or not their proceedures leave you unable to use your PC or not.

Unfortunately this is about par for Dell's 'customer service' avoid it if you can or be prepared for a long and uncomfortable ride.

Keep us posted.

useful email addresses [email protected] & [email protected] (watch out for the underscores)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Chopper?

To Dell or not to Dell? that is the question.

The retailer isnt amazing either. Had a bad expericene in the past, and they told me I couldnt return the item as I had used it.

Associate
Chopper said:
i work for dell mate and i can tell you worse statistics than that so please can we not turn this into a ocuk promo thread please i know its hard for you.

dell have a know issue that affects something like 99% of an entire range whereby the capacitors on ther motherboard swell and pop and your "quality" machine goes pfttt, the solution just give em a refurb motherboard after a strenous call to bombay, the cause hell we bought some cheap crappy mobos, to make more profit, this is just one example. :rolleyes:

anyone else got screen burn cos i had to invoke the warranty and call their bombay call centre and have to have a refurbed monitor sent out just cos i got the only pants brand new one, surely i cant be only one with dell tft with screen burn?

Tell me about it!!! :o

All i ever seem to do nowadays, is to replace mobo's in the GX270's,GX280's and SX270's because of the cap fault...

But Dell do make good monitors, i have a 2405FPW and 1504FPW, both work perfectly. :)

Back
Top Bottom