ok, i need some advice on my contract.

Associate
I have a mda compact with t-mobile and in my experience the CS is actually pretty good. Just ignore the maze of options and go straight to someone who talks.

The caveat to that is recently they have been slow to answer, stating that it is due to unexpected volume of people taking up/ changing to the flex-T contracts. To be fair, I can see their point, they do seem to be a bargain!

Permabanned
james.miller said:
i definately like the look of the htc wizzard/mda vario/xda compact. It looks like the vario on flext 35 is the best option by far. The only other phone id concider is the w810i, but tbh id get board very quickly of it. I Like big screen and feature packed phones. The camera doesnt bother me at all, Ive got a fuji5500 for taking photos.

If you like the T-Mobile Vario then you might want to wait for the Vario 2 which is due out very, very soon.
I can't see the Vario on their site at the moment, you might have to get it via an independent now..might just be out of stock.
http://www.infosyncworld.com/eu/mobility/communicator/t-mobile_mda_vario_ii.html

If you're a mega texter then check this out:
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=plans_relax&chosenPricePlan=pmt

Don't forget that the flext tariffs don't give you the internet access, for that it is the Web N Walk Flext tariffs.

Permabanned
james.miller said:
the vario2 does look very nice :o yeah the vario isnt on the t-mobile site. Best deal ive found so far is here

flext35 + web n' walk. £42.50 p.month with 4 months half price line rental (£21.25) handset free.

That looks pretty good although I think a call to T-Mob might get you a better deal as and when they get the Vario back in.

I am waiting for the Vario 2 - "Not only on par with the T-Mobile MDA Pro as far as connectivity is concerned, T-Mobile's new MDA Vario II chalks up just about any wireless standard under the sun including Bluetooth 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, 3G and HSDPA. A snappy performer not much larger than its predecessor, the MDA Vario, it also includes a redesigned yet highly comfortable thumbboard; a superb 2.8-inch touch screen; and a 2 Megapixel camera - all powered by Windows Mobile 5.0. Due out in the third quarter of 2006, price unknown."

2.0 mp camera and 3g being the killer features for me. Having said that the stuff HTC have in the pipeline is fantastic. Not sure when it'll be out though.
You can get the Vario with satnav software - Co-pilot 6, I have Co-pilot 5 and I thought it was superb (until I fried my GPS receiver).

Last edited:
Permabanned
james.miller said:
that's right there are deals with co-pilot thrown in. oh the choices lol. 3g and the 300mhz samsung processor are what really attracts me to the varioII. There's no firm release date on it though, is there?
September is what is being touted in general.

Permabanned
james.miller said:
i need it sooner tbh. orange is consting me too much. well, that and im impatient lol

What about a sim only tariff? Then upgrade the handset when Vario 2 is out?
The relax tariff would still save you lots of cash.

Permabanned
Can you not drop the orange text bundle?
On T-Mob you get 500 free texts a month on the relax tariffs, on the PAYG they are as little as 3p each (so 500 would cost £15).

I don't know the terms and conditions with orange but I would have thought that the text bundle could be dropped out?

You would get stung on the upgrade, I wasn't thinking straight.

Everything I have seen so far talks of Vario 2 in September but I am happy to be proven wrong as i am waiting for that handset.

Permabanned
james.miller said:
i can yeah, that was the plan all along - drop the text bundle and sort another method out. new contract is still looking the best by far though

OK then I would be tempted to go for the SDAII (probably with co-pilot) on a £20 per month relax tariff giving me a new phone and 500 texts per month and sat nav (which will run on the SDAII).

Then when the Vario2 comes out I'd go with a web n walk tariff.

I know it means 3 contracts but this is less than your text bundle is with Orange. It gets you a new phone, satnav, 500 texts, an extra 100 minutes and is a good stopgap until the vario 2 comes out.

Then again this is why I have an XDA Exec, MDA Compact and E900 all on contract at the moment lol. (Although the Jam is overdue to end and the XDA only has a couple more months on it). Ontop of that is my wifes V3 on orange and her MDA compact.

Either that or I'd just wait until Vario 2 is out, however long it takes.

Soldato
james.miller said:
i'd get stung with the cost of the upgrade though, wouldnt i?

Reeeealy? any hard proof of that?i could possibly wait till july

T-Mobile rep that came in the other day :D lol

Showed us some slide shows of the Nokia E61 too then the Nokia rep came in yesterday with a real one :D

Andy

Soldato
OP
Aruffell said:
T-Mobile rep that came in the other day :D lol

Showed us some slide shows of the Nokia E61 too then the Nokia rep came in yesterday with a real one :D

Andy

very interesting...

Bes said:
whatever you do, go through a cashback site to make some free money when you take the contract out!!

oh ill get everything i can, dont worry about that lol.

Back
Top Bottom