OK, so there's going to be a water shortage and a drought this summer. The solution.

Soldato
That is right... oh hang on nothing to do with the wating of water by people, for example watering their garden after it has just rained, or the fact millions of gallons "vanish" due to leaking pipes.

Soldato
It's actually more to do with a dry summer and not very wet winter actually, means no water in Aquifiers and Boreholes which then has a knock on effect.

Associate
Who cares, no one will die of a lack of water this summer apart from a few plants, whats the big deal :confused: its just something for the press to talk about.

Associate
Paulj said:
Who cares, no one will die of a lack of water this summer apart from a few plants, whats the big deal :confused: its just something for the press to talk about.

If it comes to stand pipes, you may start caring! Having to share baths is no fun. :eek:

Associate
Im afraid "making" water in the quantity we would need to satisfy a water shortage is pretty much out of reach tbh. :(

What we really need to do is really crack down on people leaving their water sprayers on over night, as these are the people who seem to like thier grass nice and green, but ironically, seem to be ignorant to the fact that grass will grow back. Always makes me laugh :D

As has been said, a desalinisation plant is the most effective way of getting extra water.

Man of Honour
Feek said:
It's all over the press at the moment that there's likely to be a drought and a big water shortage this summer, in fact the local BBC wireless station were talking about it for the whole of the breakfast show.

I have the solution. It's a simple one.

Take two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.

Mix.

Result: Water.

There we go, sorted. No more issues, why has nobody else thought of this?

K.

no need for all that fuss.. just turn the tap on!! Water :p

Man of Honour
I live in the South East & have been doing my bit to try & avoid the predicted water shortage. For the last 4 months or so I've been leaving the taps on at home constantly (no plugs in the bath or sink) because this 'tap water' goes to my water company via the drains, by now they must be overflowing with the stuff. When the drought hits I'll just go to the water company, tell them it was me sending them all the water & just take some back, they can keep some of it too of course:)

Soldato
Feek said:
It's all over the press at the moment that there's likely to be a drought and a big water shortage this summer, in fact the local BBC wireless station were talking about it for the whole of the breakfast show.

I have the solution. It's a simple one.

Take two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.

Mix.

Result: Water.

There we go, sorted. No more issues, why has nobody else thought of this?

K.

I believe this process works best if it's heated while mixing. You just have to be careful that you don't overheat or you'll burn the water, making it useless.

Caporegime
Tomsk said:
I believe this process works best if it's heated while mixing. You just have to be careful that you don't overheat or you'll burn the water, making it useless.
Don't be ridiculous - You only impair the flavour if you boil it.

What you should never do is heat previously frozen water - You can seriously damage it, and it might not work again.

Soldato
i suspect the drought will be over exaggerated, but the number of burst water pipes you see around the place, with huge amounts of water just pouring down the road, it makes you wonder how much the companies lose through leaks and burst pipes, and if they cut down there wouldn't be any shortages.

For example in kensington today, i saw a proper burst pipe, with water shooting about 5-10 metres into the air like a fountain.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
JohnnyG said:
I live in the South East & have been doing my bit to try & avoid the predicted water shortage. For the last 4 months or so I've been leaving the taps on at home constantly (no plugs in the bath or sink) because this 'tap water' goes to my water company via the drains, by now they must be overflowing with the stuff. When the drought hits I'll just go to the water company, tell them it was me sending them all the water & just take some back, they can keep some of it too of course:)

Great minds eh? ;) Looks like the Midlands and South East are sorted. Where are the fellows in the remaining parts of the country?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom