Okay, workout routine. need YOUR help

Permabanned
Too much sugar. Get off it. No more chocolate dude. Buy chocolate protein then and drink it with water if you're lactose intolerant. It speeds up your metabolism and is horribly bad for you unless you are working out - then a good glucose drink is invaluable.

NO more bars. Tuna. Do it. If you want it easy, then take up tiddlywinks. Putting good bodyweight on is hard. Get used to it. Don't worry about high cholestorol - thats the last worry if you're chocolate fiend. Bad fats=high cholestorol. Off fried foods will help. Buy a health grill for your chicken.

Majik

Permabanned
Steak is good. Stick some pepper on it too - good for the circulation. George Foreman grills are a bodybuilders best mate :)

BTW - get a slow cooker form Argos for 20 quid - they're good to come home to and you can make REALLY good meals VERY cheap. And they usually do you for your late night snack too.

Get down the butchers when buying chicken - he'll do you a deal for 20 breasts plus. Individually wrap them and freeze them for later. And don't get bored with grilled chicken. Broil or poach it. Add lemon to the water - experiment!

Good luck with it dude.

Majik

Caporegime
OP
cool, ill take a look at argos when i get home

Stick some pepper on it too

excellent, pepper is my favourite ingredient

i usually have 2-3 bowls of pasta, with just salt, loads of black pepper, and some sesame oil... mmm, tastless:)

im gonna go downtown to this market place, they do 20+ oz steaks for about 2-3 quid, pretty good quality too!!

Soldato
Hi,

What’s the best way of starting an exercise routine? I am in the same position (See the GD thread of Steve’s).

I am unsure of what to do to gain upper body strength especially my arms. I can only manage about 10 press-ups (That gives an indication of how strong I am :o ). I can’t really go to a gym, as I don't have the money but what you lot recommend doing as exercises. I recently got some dumbbells.

Your answers are appreciated:)

Caporegime
OP
i went out and bought some 24 eggs today (cost approx £2.50)

u can microwave em

http://www.eggs.ca/recipes/Show_recipe.asp?actionID=145&NumPage=3

preparation time 1 min!! nice

edit:

one other question i was gonna ask, how does smoking and stuff go with this diet, when i get the munchies is that okay to have some more egg, or is getting the munchies in the first place bad?

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Nickg
one other question i was gonna ask, how does smoking and stuff go with this diet, when i get the munchies is that okay to have some more egg, or is getting the munchies in the first place bad?

Smoking is never good, not matter what you want out of life (unless you enjuy lung cancer)

remember YOU ARE SKINNY SO IF YOU ARE HUNGY....
Yeah you've guessed it... EAT MORE!!!

Also... as i said before... try to eat more often. Can be the same total amount but if your stomach always has food in it, it is less likely to get hungry

(btw if it sounds like i'm being aggressive about the eating, it's cos i don't like you... nothing personal it's just that losing weight for me is hard and i'd love nothing more than to be able to eat anything and everything whenever i want.)

Caporegime
OP
mm might be time for more eggs:)

oddjob

one piece of advice i could give to lose weight is:

refridgerate a pint of water and then drink it before u go to bed,

this should lose u quite a few pounds if u keep it up.

the science:

the water will bring down the temperature across your body, and it will have to burn off calories in order to generate enough energy to bring it up to the correct temperature, so by doing nothing but sleeping, u can help lose weight...

Soldato
one piece of advice i could give to lose weight is:

refridgerate a pint of water and then drink it before u go to bed,

Dude thanks for the advice, but i drink 4-6 litres (sometimes more) of cold water a day. As it is i'm on the toilet maybe a dozen times a day. I can lose weight (lost 2 stone over summer) it's just very hard and i have to be very strict with my eating and cardio.

Associate
Nick, until you get yourself down the gym and are working out properly doing the three main compund exercises, i really can;t see the point in you increasing your food intake. Food without the pain will just get you fat.

As for smoking, it won't really affect you too much if you only smoke a few. Smoking too many though can reduce the amount of oxygen reaching your muscles, which will increase fatigue. But to be honest, i still smoke 20 a day, and weigh in at ~204 pounds (14st 8lbs). Muscle certainly doesn't mean your fit.

Associate

i'm assuming you mean cigarettes, i used to smoke a fair bit, but have been a good few months without one. It's not necessary to quit but imo it's a good thing. I won't effect you too much except for stamina, high rep low weight exercises will leave you out of breath. I can now do cardio and go for runs without a problem, before i'd of either started to get out of breath halfway through or had to light up while running along (it's bizarre but it was automatic in my mind "i'm out of breath..... geeze i need a fag"). Do you want to be toned aswell as big? i'd advise quitting the smoking, it doesn't really have a downside (except you do feel kinda naked without one for the first few weeks)

The munchies are no a problem, aslong as you eat the right things when you're hungry and don't pig out on junk food.

Soldato
cool, just make sure u pack in ice cold water before u go to bed (im not sure if u do that) but u can try and see

To be fair mate, i don't think that a pint of cold water (that's less than 0.5% of my BW will burn that many calories. I would burn more by walking to the end of my road and back

Caporegime
OP
i really can;t see the point in you increasing your food intake. Food without the pain will just get you fat.

until i get everythiong sorted out im not gonna force a diet that strict or protein full. i am just gonna increase my protein intake by a fair bit, and do a lot of work here, until i am a bit stronger, and i have a bit more stamina, then i will go to the gym, fully up my protein and then see.

I would burn more by walking to the end of my road and back

true, but how many miles can u walk whilst your sleep. (unless u sleep walk.)

Soldato
true, but how many miles can u walk whilst your sleep. (unless u sleep walk.)

Don't have to walk that many miles to burn off 20calories (which is what drinking a pint of cold water will do). That's about a teaspoon full of sugar.

Soldato
Ok m8 heres what i do every night/every other night before i av a bath.

Start with 40 press ups in a row arms shoulder width apart.

then I do 150 crunchies (press ups but you twist your body so your right elbow touches your left knee and vice versa) i tend to count 1 right to left, 1 left to right, 2 right to left, 2 left to right up to 75 that way uve done 150

Then I do 45 squats, lefts shoulder width apart hands pressed together like your praying out infront of you and bend your knees keeping your back streight go as far down as you can and then back up again. dnt let your heels come off the floor.

Then I do another 40 press ups but have your hands right next to each other, just works different parts of ur arm.

Then another 150 normal press ups

then another 45 squats

Finally do another 40 press ups with your arms as wide apart as you can get em.

takes the same amount of time as running a decent bath and if you are doing it right, each exercise makes you tense and work the other muscles even tho you arnt doing the exercise for them

e.g when ur doing press ups you need to hold your stomach tense even tho ur not doing situps and u need to tense your legs even tho ur not doing squats.

Great workout! i wouldnt start with the same number as im doing now, i actually started off at 10 pressups 25 situps and no squats! i just increased the number every week or so.

av fun m8 and G'luck

Panzer

Soldato
Nice one there Panzerbjorn

Only thing i'd add is try and get some back work in. If you can get one of those cheapo chinning bars that fixes in a door frame, and do some chins.

Caporegime
OP
cheers panzer, how much of an improvement did u see whilst doing that routine? ill definately be following that or something similar
thanks for point out how to do each one, cos im sure i was doing them wrong/didnt have a clue what squats was.

yea ill look for something to do some chinups on, from memory i could do 5-10 kinda proper ones, kuckles facing away, about the same knockles facing towards me too. i think.

is it worth doing the excersises at night, or best in the morning when i first get up, i can do either.

Back
Top Bottom