L c

L c

Associate
Originally posted by stuman

newsetup.JPG

my new sammy :D

exactly what screen is that ? (model #)

Associate
152x, and unlike all the bad rumors about the 16ms responce time, i personaly cannot see any, now that ive got used to it, for the first day i could, every now again in ut2k4, but now my eyes have got used to it its VERY nice screen, and dvd's have never looked better.

no cos urs prolly feels quite nice to type on, thois lump of turd however feels as cheap as it was, btw it was £3 new. lol

edit ; space harly works on this thing :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
They are indeed :)

However they are being run by a bloody JVC midi hifi type thing, does them no justice whatsoever :(

Ill take them off your hands and give them what they deserve;) How much did ya get them for? I want to get some in black.

Originally posted by Mr Latte
Time to go multi channel mate
5.1 etc makes all the difference.

For listening to music? He doesn't need 5.1 unless hes using them for movies.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
5.1 in my bedroom, g0t overkill? It's bad enough with the B+W's

I wanted black ones also gurdas, but my step dad offered me these at £100 - I couldn't refuse. I have a nice Rotel amp but I have nowhere to put it - I'd put it under the tft but it gets to about 100 degrees on the top :p

Soldato
You said you needed a new amp and you have a Rotel? It doesn't happen to be the RA-01....because thats the one I want with my 602s3's.

There are plenty of places to put the amp! And I would have thought with your phone selling you would have been able to afford at least some form of desk:D

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Originally posted by gurdas
You said you needed a new amp and you have a Rotel? It doesn't happen to be the RA-01....because thats the one I want with my 602s3's.

There are plenty of places to put the amp! And I would have thought with your phone selling you would have been able to afford at least some form of desk:D

He can, but i think paul really loves that desk.

;) eh paul :p

GT3

GT3

Soldato

Yes the RA-01 - stepdad threw it in with the speakers :)

I am saving for a custom made black brushed aluminium with 25mm thick glass - its gonna cost a fortune but should be worth it :) Then I'll progress with the rest of my room, probably sell the TV and get a second herc tft :)

edit: just checked, its the RA-02 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
Yes the RA-01 - stepdad threw it in with the speakers :)

I am saving for a custom made black brushed aluminium with 25mm thick glass - its gonna cost a fortune but should be worth it :) Then I'll progress with the rest of my room, probably sell the TV and get a second herc tft :)

So why do you need a new amp!? Thats a pretty hot amp for those speakers. If I had that amp just lying around not being used id shoot myself!

That desk sounds awesome, how much is it gonna cost and whos doing it? Keep us posted and get plenty of pics when it comes.

I've just noticed the netMD on your desk, tsk tsk, you should have bought an iPod:D

Edit RA-02? Whats the difference between that and the 01?

Last edited:

GT3

GT3

Soldato
So why do you need a new amp!? Thats a pretty hot amp for those speakers. If I had that amp just lying around not being used id shoot myself!

That desk sounds awesome, how much is it gonna cost and whos doing it? Keep us posted and get plenty of pics when it comes.

I've just noticed the netMD on your desk, tsk tsk, you should have bought an iPod:D

I don't need a new amp now :) I was given it on Monday, after I made that post :) (as above its the RA-02 not the 01 - its got bloo leds :D)

I have a local metal fabrication place doing it, I handed them some rough designs and they are yet to get back to me with a price.

I had a 1st gen ipod about 18 months ago, wasn't impressed so I sold it and got a Zen which had a louder output and produced better quality sound but it got stolen. I decided recently I had to get a new player - didn't like my girlfriends new v3 ipod (low volume output, scratches easily, dont like white etc) so I got the magnesium caseds special edition, backlit top of the range MD and the sound quality is fantastic as is the volume output. Also realistically you have to ask when do you really need your whole mp3 collection with you?

edit: dont know the differences between the RA01 and 02.

Soldato
For listening to music? He doesn't need 5.1 unless hes using them for movies.

Please consder...
If you boys are so concerned about stereo quality I suggest you get them nice BWs the heck away from Mp3 (guessing that where most the music is coming from) Stereo imaging is great but not from compressed playback and with mp3 etc multichannel helps.
As for fidelity try some SACD or DVDA, mm maybe one or two of the DTS classics "Eagles"

Just a pity though GT3 still dont have an Xbox (cough) Besides you dont need a bigroom for 5.1 to still get the fun from it.
As for just music you telling me he/you wont be playing Doom 3 and all the other games that will support true 5.1 come on away and jump boys.

Just wait to you see the new Audigy cards and other tech due this summer. Pcs will upscale 2 Channel sources to 7.1 just like Prologic 2x. Stereo pah not for pcs...

Oh well forget I mentioned it as having over 12 years experience in quality hifi has taught me nothing ;)

PS Md Vs MP3 no comparrison...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom