Old Desktop Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Mr Latte: 320kbps encoded mp3s sound fantastic, I notice no difference with them to playing a cd through an Arcam Alpha 7.

Also sold my gamecube now, and only keeping my PS2 for Gran Turismo purposes, I've had several Xboxs and just never used them. I use my pc soley for gaming.

Also you mention using 5.1 setups etc for gaming, well sadly as much as i'd love to sit and play a nice game of UT2004 through the B+W's - no chance, have to use headphones due to parents - I will perhaps consider some of those zalman 5.1 headphones through the Audigy2 though.

You also have to remember that I'm only 16 and don't exactly have buckets of cash so what I've got is reasonable i'd say. :o

Soldato
5.1 does have its advantages but its a bit of an overkill if you are mainly listening to music? Not having a go, but if your serious about audio I wouldn't touch creative stuff. Mind you if your just gaming they are fine.

Soldato
Trust me mate, you go and compare your mp3 at whatever bit rate you want. Connect up a GOOD cd/dvd player and stick in an original, just hear the dynamics.

I compared an Audigy2/ Nforce Soundstorm and a M-Audio 7.1 to my Pioneer DVD 565. NONE of them come close to the sheer output of good standalone player and the CD will win everytime.

Beleve me I wanted the PC to be as good, but bottom line it aint.
As for multichannel sorry Im a little biased as I have been at it since the early D Surround days but like I always do I recommend most popleconsider some ALL-IN-ONE home cinema kits these days approx 2-4 hundred, multichannel is here to stay.

Last edited:

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Originally posted by Mr Latte
Trust me mate, you go and compare your mp3 at whateve bit rate you ant.
Connect up a GOOD cd/dvdlayer and stick in an original, just hear the dynamics.

I compare a Audigy Nforce Soundstorm and a M-Audio to my Pioneer DVD 565. NNE of them come close to the sheer output of good standalone player and the CD will win everytime.

Thats great, I couldn't tell the difference and I'm happy. I am just saying surround sound setups are not needed for music, especially in a small room.

Soldato
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
Also realistically you have to ask when do you really need your whole mp3 collection with you?

Yes, it means I don't have to carry around discs etc. Ive got an MD which was a special edition with magnesium cover just like yours, a couple years ago when it was top of the range but its a pain in the ass keeping on making new md's and then changing them. Ive ordered my 20gig iPod and ill have all my music with me so I can listen to what I want, when I want. Which you or I can't do with our MD's:D

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Originally posted by gurdas
Yes, it means I don't have to carry around discs etc. Ive got an MD which was a special edition with magnesium cover just like yours, a couple years ago when it was top of the range but its a pain in the ass keeping on making new md's and then changing them. Ive ordered my 20gig iPod and ill have all my music with me so I can listen to what I want, when I want. Which you or I can't do with our MD's:D

I don't listen to music for that length of time, I need 1 md with me thats all :) The ipod wasn't loud enough for me and the touch dial is annoying as is the lack of lcd on the remote.

Soldato

Well soon enough youll just have a mobile/PDA that browses your PC files mp3 on the go, wifi whatever worldwide access.

GT3 could watch his favourite recorded episodes of square pants when hes off on holiday sittig at the pool with the g/friend

tom

tom

Soldato
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
didn't like my girlfriends new v3 ipod (low volume output, scratches easily, dont like white etc)

Did but I gave it to my girlfreind for her birthday :)

That's the bit I got mixed up with, you worded it as though it was your girlfriends iPod and you didn't have one because you didn't like them.:)

Seriously though, how come you bought it in the first place knowing it was white, and didn't really see the need in carrying your entire mp3 collection around with you?;)

Soldato
Trust me mate, you go and compare your mp3 at whatever bit rate you want. Connect up a GOOD cd/dvd player and stick in an original, just hear the dynamics.

I compared an Audigy2/ Nforce Soundstorm and a M-Audio 7.1 to my Pioneer DVD 565. NONE of them come close to the sheer output of good standalone player and the CD will win everytime.

Beleve me I wanted the PC to be as good, but bottom line it aint.
As for multichannel sorry Im a little biased as I have been at it since the early D Surround days but like I always do I recommend most popleconsider some ALL-IN-ONE home cinema kits these days approx 2-4 hundred, multichannel is here to stay.

You still don't need 5.1 for music. Unless you can give me a good reason why Still DRE will sound better on a 5.1 rather than a decent stereo layout:D

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Originally posted by tom
That's the bit I got mixed up with, you worded it as though it was your girlfriends iPod and you didn't have one because you didn't like them.:)

Seriously though, how come you bought it in the first place knowing it was white, and didn't really see the need in carrying your entire mp3 collection around with you?;)

You know as well as I do I buy phones and little gadgets on impulse and sell them off either to make money or just try them out :) Such as you and your Z600 etc ;)

I bought it, played with it for a few days, gf said she liked it, no brainer I gave it her for her birthday two days later :)

Soldato
You still don't need 5.1 for music. Unless you can give me a good reason why Still DRE will sound better on a 5.1 rather than a decent stereo layout:D

Err lets see stereo effects mmm left <<<<<< & right>>>>>>>

5.1 upwards from any angle, thought it was simple..
360 Positional effects.

Try readin about the actual development of the game theyve already said the sound will play a big part and has been designed with 5.1 in mind from the offset, also aint they said the game is going to play like an interactive movie... and scare the CRAP out of us...

Last edited:
Soldato
Err lets see stereo effects mmm left <<<<<< & right>>>>>>>

5.1 upwards from any angle, thought it was simple..
360 Positional effects.

Try readin about the actual development of the game theyve already said the sound will play a big part and has been designed with 5.1 in mind from the offset, also aint they said the game is going to play like an interactive movie... and scare the CRAP out of us...

A B&W 5.1 system for music is still a bit overkill, unless you had money to burn and a huge room. My bedroom is very large but I will only want 2 of the 602's because anymore and I will be a constant nuissance to the rest of the house:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom