Old Terratec DMX fire with a Creative card?

Soldato
I used to loave the old Creative cards with the live drives. I found them really fun to ponce about with.
I also found that they were useful for me as they allowed me to record both ANALOG and DIGITAL att he same time with selecting WHAT-U-HEAR!

Very handy when you have both analog and digital but not A-D or D-A converter at the time.

Anyway, in my ever stupid moves, last year or whenever, I bought one of these and then I found out that it needed a card to drive it.

I also have an external Creative exigy and that also needs a friggin card too!

But I did read somewhere, that this TerraTec DMX 6 Fire 24/96 Drive Bay thingy can in fact work from a Creative Live card.

Well, I still have a couple of those cards and so I thought I might give it a shot!!!

Purely in a " Oh I wonder " kind of thing, not to take it seriously... unless it works well of course, then who knows?

So, can anyone offer me anything to go with?

I mean... I could simply lob the SoundBlaster card in, get that running, then plop an IDE cable from the card to this, but will it start a fire? Will it blow up? Will is cause a rift in time/space? or am I just being a flange?

Thanks to anyone who can offer something !!!???

Back
Top Bottom