oldest mum at 63..

axe

axe

Suspended
Just wondering , how is she going to look after the child and wake up like 5 times a night she wont have the energy surely at that age as i know a lot of young mothers struggle with this

Associate
VeNT said:
tbh, its wrong and sick and shouldn't be alowed .
stupid people, how do you think the kids gonna feel when his mum is dead and he's 16 or so?
and don't forget that the chances of the baby having birth defects and learning disabilitys goes UP drematicaly once the mother reaches 45 ish (or is that 35, I forget)
If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd know the last part isn't true.

Why is it wrong? How do you know she's going to be dead then? Considering 1/3 - 1/2 of marriages end in divorce, how do you reckon that messes them up? My grandparents are still going fine at 80+, no problems that I can see.

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd know the last part isn't true.

However, there are some health risks associated with older women getting pregnant, they are more likely to get high blood pressure, diabetes develop problems with the placenta and then need a Caesarean section.

"On the whole, its not to be recommended."

from THAT article, also its not limited to those defects in the mother, the child is at higher risk of those problems I stated in my other post. nothing in the article changes that.

Hitman
Permabanned
I've just been reading about this, and I think it's rediculously selfish. It's a good thing the mother is a child psychologist, because the child will probably need therapy.
It's difficult enough for someone to lose their parents when they are 40, but this child will be lucky if its parents are around to see its 18th birthday.

Caporegime
Wile E. Coyote said:
Either way its completly wrong, she could possibly only live for 10 years then what happens to the child????

In fairness, any mother could live for 5 minutes and then die, though I do agree that in this case it is somewhat selfish.

Soldato
In my opinion if women over 50 can have children naturally then go ahead let them, good luck to them. If IVF or medical intervention is needed then i don't think that they should get it, only because if they already have children then it's for selfish reasons and i don't agree with it. If they dont have children already i still believe that there is a reason for the menopause, for women over a certain age to stop having children as their bodies can no longer cope well.
This woman went to Italy, she wouldn't have been able to get the IVF on the NHS in this country. As i've said i don't agree with this but she seems to have thought things though so i'm going to wish her a long life and hope that she lives long enough to see him or her grow up.

Back
Top Bottom