Olympic Diving

Soldato
I think some appreciation of the quality in that final is needed. The top 9 divers put in 500+ results, 500 points is considered an excellent round.

Caporegime
He's got a bronze medal and millions of teenage girls all after a piece of his ****. If he doesn't make the most of this while he's got the chance he'll regret it for the rest of his lift. Go forth and smash Tom* :D

* Assuming he's not gay.

Soldato
Everyone had the chance to mess up including Tom, its part of the sport (as with like every sport..)

You have the chance to do well and the chance to do bad. The end result is he didn't get a medal.

NZB

NZB

Associate
He was a child with the expectations of the country on him for 4 years and still brought home a medal, a lot of our experienced adult athletes couldn't do that.

Celebrations well deserved IMO.

Soldato
Amazing diving performances across all competitors.

But I have to agree the jump into the pool after winning bronze was a little undignified. Especially when the camera panned to the Chinese silver medalist who was faced up against the wall sobbing.

Caporegime
He was a child with the expectations of the country on him for 4 years and still brought home a medal, a lot of our experienced adult athletes couldn't do that.

Celebrations well deserved IMO.

You've got a kid who went to one olympics as a practice, had the country thinking/hoping he'd get one at the home olympics and his dad died before he could see him do it, after a long and horrible illness during which Daley had to train and deal with a horrible loss at a young age.

With trolls adding to the pressure having a go at him for letting down his dad I can't think there would be a single diver out there more relieved to get a medal.

Can celebrate however he likes, even though it was his team who grabbed him and threw him in the pool, they all work hard also and won at their home games infront of a mostly home crowd who all wanted him to win. If you can't "over" celebrate then I really don't know when you can.

Back
Top Bottom