Olympic Diving

Soldato
Amazing diving performances across all competitors.

But I have to agree the jump into the pool after winning bronze was a little undignified. Especially when the camera panned to the Chinese silver medalist who was faced up against the wall sobbing.

If the Chinese competitor thinks Silver is such a bad result that's their problem, don't criticise Daley's celebration because of their problem.

Caporegime
The Chinese came to the Olympics as the favourites to win gold in every diving event. The fact they only won 6 will be seen as a massive failure and Bo will get a lot of criticism for only getting a silver unfortunately because he's world number 1 and rarely loses (Daley himself said he's a robot and everyone's fighting for silver).

Soldato
If the Chinese competitor thinks Silver is such a bad result that's their problem, don't criticise Daley's celebration because of their problem.

I'm not criticising Daley in the slightest (given that he wasn't the only one jumping in the pool), but there is such thing as etiquette and decorum, reason why the Chinese do things like take a bow after each dive.

With the entire world watching I think team GB would act a little more professional, and ultimately some would say that comes to reflect on the medal status. Chinese take it way more seriously, and ultimately come out with more medals.

NZB

NZB

Associate
"undignified" when has joy ever been proper. Acting like we have sticks up our arses is the last thing we either want to or deserve to do in this day and age :D

Soldato
I'm not criticising Daley in the slightest (given that he wasn't the only one jumping in the pool), but there is such thing as etiquette and decorum, reason why the Chinese do things like take a bow after each dive.

With the entire world watching I think team GB would act a little more professional, and ultimately some would say that comes to reflect on the medal status. Chinese take it way more seriously, and ultimately come out with more medals.
They can take a bow all they like but putting on fake smiles when they win silver, really? Yes they take it extremely seriously, apparently by the age of 12 the Chinese divers are in diving schools doing 7 hours of training a day. Qiu was meant to get gold, but silver is still excellent.
Tom didn't jump in anyway did he? Got thrown in I thought.

Caporegime

So the Chinese win more but have no fun doing it? Sounds awesome.

Caporegime
This is the first Olympics we've had representation in every diving event and it's the first individual medal we've won for 50 odd years. That's a massive team achievement and they're all well within their rights to celebrate how they like.

I'd personally like to see Tonia Couch take her clothes off and masturbate on TV but you can't have everything :D

Soldato

Give over you joyless creature.

Soldato
I'd personally like to see Tonia Couch take her clothes off and masturbate on TV but you can't have everything :D

Is it just me or does she look like Javier Hernandez of Man Utd? :confused:

images
_61258274_61252689.jpg

Soldato
You really think Bolt would do anything like that over a bronze? :rolleyes:

But he's the best at what he does and it'd take a major **** up on his part to not win. Daley was beaten by the two best divers in that event and had to perform at the top of his game to get the bronze.

Back
Top Bottom