Olympic Opening Ceremony

Soldato
The Olympics has been immense from start to finish.

Genuinely proud to be British, proud we could deliver, proud the volunteers did such a great universally praised job, very proud of Team GB, and even the general public for getting behind it and not bitching and moaning as we all tend to do.

It's been a great couple of weeks and I'm lame enough to admit I'll miss it.

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];22550145 said:
The Olympics has been immense from start to finish.

Genuinely proud to be British, proud we could deliver, proud the volunteers did such a great universally praised job, very proud of Team GB, and even the general public for getting behind it and not bitching and moaning as we all tend to do.

It's been a great couple of weeks and I'm lame enough to admit I'll miss it.

:) yes

Associate
What a fantastic way to end another fantastic Olympics. We did very well as a country and a nation to pull off such great ceremonies. Amazing, I think we can give our nation a pat on the back :)

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];22549862 said:
Hate to be all boring and serious, but I'm not convinced that Rio will be able to host the Olympics successfully. The logistical challenge is obviously immense.

Recently there was a UFC event scheduled to take place in Rio (insignifcant in size in comparison), and it had to be cancelled as it coincided with a UN conference and there weren't enough hotels to put people up.

I hope it's a success, this has been awesome and it'd be a shame for Rio to be a failure, but it is a worry.
There was also a UFC in Rio several moths ago and it brought traffic to a stand still.

Fingers crossed....

4 years... People thought we wouldn't be ready. I'm sure they'll get it sorted and ready in time

Soldato
Glorious end to a glorious couple of weeks! We can all return to our miserable lives now, the holiday is over!

Although I'm glad there is still more to come, bring on the Paralympics!

Associate
Great performance by The Who, was rather shocked that amongst my friends I was the only person who knew who they were. (I'm 19).

Quite amusing that the opening few minutes of BBC news decided to replay what I had just seen 5 minutes ago. Somehow Victoria B still managed to look severely pee'd off at something. (I'm fairly sure that's just her natural facial expression though.)

Associate
Genuinely proud to be British after the last 17 days. I was as sceptical as the next person after the Bejing games that BG would balls it up good and proper but I think we did ourselves proud.

Cameron and Boris dancing to the Spice Girls was worth the cost of the Olympics alone!!

/Salsa

Soldato
I agree with this. I'm looking forward to the Paralympics just as much, if not more, than the other ones

This - the Paralympics brings me a sense of awe that these guys and girls can have some serious stuff wrong with them physically and mentally and still be able to pull of some of the stuff they can. A real big FU given to them in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom