Olympic Opening Ceremony

Soldato
That was all pretty much excellent apart from the Arctic Monkeys and Paul McCartney.
I'd have preferred Muse but oh well, they still did the job!

Associate
"Sorry - we haven't been able to serve the page you asked for"

Whoops sorry it has swearing in the link. From the Guardian.

Olympics opening ceremony was 'multi-cultural ****', Tory MP tweets

Conservative MP Aidan Burley, who was sacked as a ministerial aide for attending Nazi-themed stag party, rails against Danny Boyle's work on Twitter

not really surprising given how he has behaved in the past but these people need finger control.

Associate
It infuriated me in the fireworks when the BBC kept cutting to the videos of the athletes, they even missed the finale because they had a huge Olympic sign plastered over a picture of the Earth. Also I thought it was a bit anti climactic at the memorial bit, I think they should have gone off with a bang by having the fireworks at the end and some Muse (seeing as they did an official song). Apart from that, the forging of the rings and the cauldron were spectacular! As well as Rowan Atkinson being hilarious as usual.

Last edited:
Soldato
What was the song the ginger dude was singing when the young athletes were running round the track with the torch? I really liked that song but hadn't heard it before

Associate
Macca totally ruined the end of that for me. I wish big event organisers would realise that he belongs to a different era. They need to end with something like Smack My ***** Up by The Prodigy.

Other than Macca the opening ceremony was amazing in every other way.

Soldato
That was all pretty much excellent apart from the Arctic Monkeys and Paul McCartney.

Can't think of anything better then if it had been Blur singing 'The Universal' instead of the arctic monkeys, that would have been so epic.

Soldato
Another pic of Leryn Franco.

ay2cezeciaegkxv.jpg

Damn.

Soldato

I agree, not only are Muse better live, but didn't they record that official games anthem or song ma-jig, would've been to blast that out.

Back
Top Bottom