• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OMFG STOP PRESS – X1800XT PERFORMANCE EDITION AVAILABLE

Soldato
OP
mate it works simple! :D my voltage levels stay exactly the same at 1.3 for the GPU and 1.8 for the mem and these were the defaults, the image below shows the new unlocked speeds :D its finally been unleashed hehe!

n3oro8.jpg
[/IMG]

I think they may do something similar with the x1900 series though when the G71 arrives but what will be interesting will be how many of these x1800xt pe cards Gibbo will get his hands on, I bet since i posted this he's been making some calls ;)

Price could also be very good :D

Soldato
OP
yeha an easy 600 marks up in 3dmark at new defaults!

My system below was around 8550 before the mod and now 9132 first run on 3d Mark 05! I can easily increase this obviously with an overclock on both GFX card and CPU! Whats the best program to monitor the temps of the card and also for overclocking it?

Wow we're going off topic now but these Sapphire Cards that will appear soon no doubt will be very similar if not the same in build to their current x1800xts

Permabanned
it is the sapphire x1800xt pe bios you've got now. a program called overclocker, cant remember where i got mine now ??? i get 10,056 in 3d05 with my spec. the card is standard pe bios.

Associate
I've never used atitool before, everytime i even press find max core or find max mem i have to reboot.. i'm using atitool 0.24.

in the profile it says default (0.00/405.25) no idea what that correlates to, there's two vertical sliders with 0.00 above each.. sounds thick, but this is my first ati card..

I just flashed the card with the pe bios at stock settings not 500/500 mainly because I couldn't figure out atitoll!!! lol .. ho hum. I notice i can now increase the core but the memory in ccc is still maxed at 800 :/

suggestions?

is there a better tool to use to overclock? preferably one with instructions, I don't like messing with settings which I am not familiar with.

TY again

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Everyone still has X1800 inventry and as such are looking for ways to clear it out. Some will come up with ideas such as Sapphire and bring out a premium product and knowing Sapphire it will no doubt have a premium price too. Others may choose just to dump stock and sell it off cheaply like were doing with the PowerColor brand.

Obviously the ATI partners will aim to make profits and as such not many will come into the UK market as its a hard market that is far too competitive so most will end up in Europe where there is much higher demand and prices are not so low.

It is doubtful OcUK will bother with any more X1800's unless we can sell them very cheaply and make good profits like were currently doing. :)

Permabanned
read my above post, yeah ati tool wont overclock x1800 or x1900 cards. it crash's my system when i ask it to automatically detect setting.... ive got overclocker tool here in a zip file... if anyone wants it ??? you can change from 2d to 3d clocks with it. ati tool wont.

OcUK Staff
jrodga2k5 said:
Thanks for the update Gibbo, im sure u myte get a good deal on them! Would be a really good buy if they could come in at the current price :D

Any interest in 256MB X1800 XT's if you could buy them at 7800 GT prices?

Soldato
OP
well 256mb x1800xt at gt prices would be a great deal Gibbo! Iv got a 512 but it would be much faster than the GT even with the 256 mem that would be a job well done if you could get a hold of those

OcUK Staff
LoadsaMoney said:
Would the XL drop in price to then, as thats £223, if you bring the 256mb XT in at £185, then who's gona buy the slower XL, doesn't make sense. :confused:

ATI have killed of the XL lines of graphics cards, no more been produced............

Soldato
OP
Gibbo said:
ATI have killed of the XL lines of graphics cards, no more been produced............

Thats right Gibbo! To be fair loadsa I think what he's getting at is that these 256mb xts will come in around the 220-240 mark and this is around XL prices so really the xt will be faster than the XL! Would be a remarkable deal if they get them!

Oh yeah my bios is workin great :D

Back
Top Bottom