1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG, Everyone quick read this..........

Discussion in 'Memory' started by mysticsniper, 19 Jan 2006.

1. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

I have just stopped a colleague making the most expensive **** up, in his short life. He was looking for some new memory and was told about this site, and he had got it into his mind that Cosair was the best on the market and was going to shell out £471.92 inc VAT for XMS 1GB XMS3200 2-2-2-5 2x184 Pin DIMM Pro w/LED :eek: :eek:

I was gob smacked at the price and even more when he had his credit card out :(

I have showed him the error of his ways and sent him off to OcUK to buy some OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR CAS3 at less than half the price.

It does make you wonder, and its quite scary at what ppl do when they know squat about computers :rolleyes: :o

2. platty

Mobster

Christ thats madness. Absolute madness

3. Ricochet J

Capodecina

Ouch. He should've have bought you a Crossfire Pair for his thanks :D

4. Firegod

Sgarrista

Is that a mistake or sommit? :o

5. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

lol owned

6. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

Not that I know of, its still showing that outrageous price on their website. I don't know much about Corsair, so maybe some one could see if they have some thing special that I cannot make out for that price :confused:

7. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

double post

Last edited: 19 Jan 2006
  8. smids

Soldato

Good Lord!!! Lucky you were about. I guess he owes you one (or indeed more!).

9. Broon

Gangster

Twice?

10. kimandsally

Wise Guy

That must be the special edition with diamonds to make the lights look brighter.

11. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

Yes, he will be getting the beers in, next time we are out on the lash ;)

That's what I was thinking, I just wonder what him and other people have been doing by shopping on that website in the past :(

12. smids

Soldato

Getting voluntarily mugged?

It's almost as bad as going to Leicester Sq and trying to buy a ticket at the Odeon there.

- 'That'll be £12 please'
    - 'How about, no?'

And we're students!!!

13. Street

Sgarrista

Haha, wish I'd got that much for my ram... just sold 1 gig of Corsair 3200XL stuff for £75! I feel robbed now, could have got £400 for it!

14. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

That's the crucial point - registered. Low latency registered memory is super super expensive so that's actually not as horrendous as it first seems!

15. DanMc07

Mobster

lol madness, why would anyone want to pay 470inc for 1GB :p Good job you was there ;)

16. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

It wouldn't have worked either if he didn't own a Socket 940 AMD Opteron/Athlon 64 FX based system. If he does the other memory won't work!

17. smids

Soldato

Good point, I didn't see that it was ECC registered RAM. No wonder it cost so much.

18. I_Am_Vengeance

Gangster

Lets face it, pc world isnt much better, price wise. Think of how many people shop there. 60 quid for a stick of no name/generic 512mb pc2700, yes please! :)

19. rxmac

Hitman

They probably go there because they don't know any better or they don't have a pc to go onto the net to buy stuff at decent prices.

Oh i maybe wrong but mentioning "the purple shirt brigade" maybe classed as a competitor so you might want to edit the name.

20. Overlag

Capodecina

id love to see that shop........(so i can point and laugh)

i mean the local highstreet shop near me had A geforce 2 up for sale at £300 untill the end of 2004 I wonder what unlucky mug brought that? :(