OMG how good is the Zalman CNPS9500A-LED CPU Cooler

Soldato
would it not be better to turn the zalman round 180 and have it blowing the hot air towards the exhaust fan

I agree with this, I would rotate the cooler to have the fan on the side nearest your RAM so that it exhausts the hot air out the rear exhaust fan on your case.

I've got the 9700 here, I have had it for over a year now, and it has been excellent, I even had it cooling my i7 o/ced to 3.8GHz and it coped very well indeed.

Though my only complaint was when the fans kicked in when I put a load on my processor (the 9700NT has a PWM fan), it sounds like a jet engine!!

Soldato
I would like to just say I am amazed at how well this cooler runs and at such a low price.

After having a complete clean up of the system, it's amazing how much dust gets generated around the fans :D

Now my temps are much better cpu is around 44C with the cooler running at 1300 rpm lowest speed and the mobo which always seemed to be running too hot is now a cool 39C with NB @ 49C when previously everything was running a lot hotter with the previous cooling averages were 49/55/60 (CPU/MB/NB)

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but it is certain that much of your temperature benefit has come from the cleaning. Had you cleaned without replacing anything, checked the temps, then replaced the fans you might not be so pleased.

Back
Top Bottom