omg killer wasp! :-O

Associate
Be thankful it aint one of these bad boys below, then there could be trouble
[font=Arial, Geneva]The Asian Giant Hornet[/font][font=Arial, Geneva]
Vespa mandarinia
Smith, 1852
[/font]

The species Vespa mandarinia is a very large-sized wasp with a Body length 27 - 45 mm; unbelievable, the queens reach 5.5 cms in length!

[font=Arial, Geneva]Distribution:
SE part of Asian Russia: southern regions of Primorskii Krai, Korea, China, Indochina, Nepal, India (Kurzenko, 1995), Shri Lanka, Thailand, Japan
[/font][font=Arial, Geneva](In Japanese: Ohsuzumebati).[/font]

mandarinia2.jpg

Associate
I'm not too keen on wasps since one managed to find its way inside my jacket while I was riding my motorbike - it stung me on the chest about five or six times before I could pull over and squash it :mad:

Soldato
That grill thing (what ever its called) is 9mm or so... God that is a big wasp.

(I couldn't see it, as the sun is on the monitor so edited the brightness poorly.)

wasp.jpg

Permabanned
Queen or Hornet.
Just roll up a newspaper and squash it. The worst it can do is sting you and the worst that can happen after that is that you have an alergic reaction and die painfully. I guess it might eat you afterwards as well or make a hive in your skull.....

It is certainly a biggy though lol, run for your life....

Permabanned
Trixter said:
I have a squirty bottle filled with washing up liquid and water, one spray of it and it sticks there wings together so they just drop.

Chemical warfare is banned under the geneva convention you know.

Man of Honour
VIRII said:
Queen or Hornet.
Just roll up a newspaper and squash it. The worst it can do is sting you and the worst that can happen after that is that you have an alergic reaction and die painfully. I guess it might eat you afterwards as well or make a hive in your skull.....

It is certainly a biggy though lol, run for your life....

You'd have to close your windows and doors then. Apparently if you kill wasps and bees they burst a load of pheramones into the surrounding air. Ones that others of it's kind read as "I'm being attacked - KILL KILL!!!!!"

Permabanned
greenlizard0 said:
You'd have to close your windows and doors then. Apparently if you kill wasps and bees they burst a load of pheramones into the surrounding air. Ones that others of it's kind read as "I'm being attacked - KILL KILL!!!!!"

Hmmm. Get your Dyson out and suck for all you're worth.

Soldato
Trixter said:
until my kids get stung we dont know if either of them are allergic to them so ive gotta terminate them preety quick.

That's a bit harsh, surely you shouldn't have stuck it in if you didn't want children?

Associate
OP
Welll i coulda used my dyson and sucked it for all its worth but at half 4 in the morning it might not have been posible!! hehe

Its gone now!! Damn it was looking forward to a wasp smoothie, coulda mixed it with the remains from my sparrow smoothie....yummmm cocktail!

Do hornets sting?

Permabanned
holly35 said:
Do hornets sting?

Only if you're lucky. The rest of the time they chew your arms off after paralysing you with their laser vision.
A hornet sting hurts like merry hell though, FAR worse than a bee or wasp.

Back
Top Bottom