OMG SD TV rocks!!!

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Still about double what you can get 28" widescreen CRTs for, which are inherently superior for displaying SDTV content and fast moving images - especially as £480 will be for a budget HDTV.

Or a Samsung LE26R41B ;)

Permabanned
OP
TheMagicPirate said:
So far fish and chips? I'm so stealing that.

Also, try Kameo on a SDTV, I couldn't read the text between loading screens on my old TV (The same bush one as you I suspect), But in HD, oh my. Moist :)

Whacked on the demo to see and dont agree. Well obviously in HD its excellent but on this telly its clear as a bell. I truly suspect that the IQ difference between a GOOD SD via RGB [NOT COMPONENT] and a HD set is minimal. Obviously when set to HD mode the xbox outputs a high resolution signal, therefore obviously the graphics themselves will in fact be better, however, tit for tat i think SD should be given its dues.

Oh and for everyone wondering, i wapped in the component lead this morning to see what my £6 on ebay had bought me......BUY AN RGB NOW!!! RIGHT NOW!!!! I couldnt believe how crappy it looked in comparison!

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
Oh and for everyone wondering, i wapped in the component lead this morning to see what my £6 on ebay had bought me......BUY AN RGB NOW!!! RIGHT NOW!!!! I couldnt believe how crappy it looked in comparison!

Shouldnt really say component lead though, it is, but component is the term used for a different connection, isnt it composite when you use the scart adapter and component lead?

Permabanned
OP
gord said:
Shouldnt really say component lead though, it is, but component is the term used for a different connection, isnt it composite when you use the scart adapter and component lead?

Yeah, sorry for the misinformation, however when you say component you rarely mean "HD" cos you would say HD as its shorter and easier to type. Most ppl regaurd component as the 3 leads and scart block. But in fact i think you8r right and the term is composite.

Either way RGB improves things massively and i advise anyone with a decent SD TV to try it before committing to a HD purchase. Especially as the idustry expects the price to halve by next christmas with 42in HD screens expected in the sub £500 region.

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
So for any of you out there like me who use an old battered SD TV due to the expense of HD kit, go for a nice widescreen, it's soooooooo good, im in love!

Been playing on a Philips 28" widescreen (4 years old not flat screen) and its pretty sweet to be fair. Not quite a HDTV but considering the time I play it and the cost of a HD TV I am quite content.

Back
Top Bottom