OMG This is a ******* disgrace

Soldato
Her number one priority is for the welfare of the animal she has been assigned to look after (no matter what)

Are you serious? In that situation her life was at risk, I would have expected my co-workers (or anyone who was able to help) to do whatever was necessary to save my life in that situation, she's a human being, that's a reindeer. I was actually shocked at how gently they were hitting it with the shovel, it obviously wasn't working and the situation went on for far longer than it should have done.

Sol

Sol

Associate
Although I understand that they are trying to subdue a dominant male Reindeer I still found the video pretty uncomfortable viewing. The shovel I was like wtf, and then when the "he-woman" started smacking/flailing it with keys or something I thought that was a bit off. There has to be better ways of dealing with an animal like that (surely that can't be taught) but I can see how in the circumstances they were doing what they doing to stop being gored by a large beast.

Soldato
I always thought tranquilizers were used? If that was the procedure and it was not followed I have no sympathy for either of them, on the other hand if they were not told of such a procedure I guess they could only improvise.

Either way someone has to be investigated for it, whether it is just the two employees filmed or higher up.

Caporegime
Actually, thinking about it best case scenario would have been non-lethal sedation.

that requires quite a bit of time though, vet has to gauge weight of animal unlock tranquillizers put in the right dose then shoot the animal.

Even then it's still quite likley it will never wake up.

Usually this things end with a police officer shooting the animal to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

Associate
wtf? I was lead into the thread thinking that it was going to be a group of people torturing an animal from the safety of a compound NOT:

people defending themselves from a very powerful animal capable of dealing tremendous damage.

In that situation, with a fellow worker on the floor bleeding I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot it. At the very least I would have been using the shovel a lot harder than they were in the video.

Gross overeaction.

Soldato
So the GAIA are in the wrong to sue the zoo in question :rolleyes: for you too.

GAIA LOL, just another bunch of planetary and animal lover hippies.

She was being attacked by an animal and the other keepers were trying to help her out and subdue it. Must remember how important animal rights are these days, but in this case maybe she should sue the deer for medical expenses to help her heal, trauma, flashbacks, nightmares, assault, ABH. Maybe I should setup a group all about loving humans and their rights, get a load of followers, then sue the hell out of this deer!

:rolleyes:

Excessive force has been used clearly. The women wants a part of it even after she is no longer in the frame.

Shame on them

Maybe she was just getting out of the way, it wouldn't be nice landing on one of them, maybe she just wanted to keep it as evidence, maybe it was policy, we just don't know, yet you seem to be the deciding judge on it being excessive. Or we could all take on the 'omg save the animals, screw the humans' line as you seem to be taking.

Maybe you should go and sign up to PETA.

Soldato
OP
Maybe you should learn to chill out. Last thing on my mind with blood ozing from my neck would be joining in to repeatedly hit an animal with a spade. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe you should learn to chill out. Last thing on my mind with blood ozing from my neck would be joining in to repeatedly hit an animal with a spade. :rolleyes:

Oh the ironing.

Coming from the guy that posted a video of someone being attacked by a deer and getting worked up and digusted by them defending themselves.

All these comments about radio this, tranq that, if you were either the one being attacked or seeing a friend/colleague attacked, you cannot say that you would calmly get soemthing to sort the situation out.

Plenty of suggestions on here but a distinct lack of logic and common sense.

Back
Top Bottom