• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OMG what have I done??

Associate
Right first off im skint! I had a pair of XFX 275's running in sli and then my car gets crashed into and the person who did it disappears without a trace. Damage neck end of a grand. So I sell my 275's as they were worth a bit and as I needed a card I bought a cheap 9600 GSO!! Arghh. What a mistake. Poor performance to what I was used to and no fan controller either, just a 100% whirrr gutted. What can I get for around the £100 mark that will give me decent performance on my 790i board??

Sorry to hear about your troubles but you must've known that the 9600GSO is not for gaming.

A GTX 260 or 4890 ,as others have recommended, would be the best option.

Associate
9600 GSO not for gaming ?? What a load of tosh.

Missus has a 8800GS 384MB (pratically the same card as the 9600GSO) and can happily play games. Most recently, was playing Neverwinter Nights 2 at 1280x1024 in Medium details.

Ok, fair enough its not for 'serious' gaming, but there are fair worse cards available.

Soldato
Some people spend there month's pay within a month of getting it, I do wonder how they get by

Probably by not being on a high enough wage to make it easy to save. Things arent cheap these days and dependant on where you live and your job it can be quite easy to get through an average wage (22k), no savings and without huge amounts of frivolity inside a month. Huge range of outgoing bills, housing and utility bills these days.

Associate
9600 GSO not for gaming ?? What a load of tosh.

Missus has a 8800GS 384MB (pratically the same card as the 9600GSO) and can happily play games. Most recently, was playing Neverwinter Nights 2 at 1280x1024 in Medium details.

Ok, fair enough its not for 'serious' gaming, but there are fair worse cards available.

So your wife can play a game on a low res at medium settings.

This person had 2 GTX 275s, he was a serious gamer.A 9600GSO is not for him.

Back
Top Bottom