1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

onboard soundcard

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Elliot6267, 15 Apr 2010.

1. Elliot6267

Gangster

the on board sound card doesn't seem to want to play audio in more that one speaker??

i've had speakers on it for a while, which was ok, but now i've just bought some new headphones, i find it annoying only getting sound from one ear...

any suggestions?

new sound card perhaps??

E

2. smiggy123

Associate

Might be obvious but do you have the slider for left/right audio pushed all one way in the audio options in the tray?

I did that once...

3. Elliot6267

Gangster

yeah man, all checked. all at the right levels, o.O

4. cmndr_andi

Capodecina

What motherboard and headphones are you using and what port have you got the headphones plugged into?

Do the headphones work correctly on other sound sources? (eg laptop, mp3 player)

5. stooeh

Wise Guy

My PC at work with onboard realtek sound plays sound only from right hand side channel (using the front audio headphone jack).

If I go into the realtek audio manager's Audio I/O section and tell it that the front green port is 'Line out' it works fine. Tell it that it's 'Headphones' and back to right hand channel only.
    If I tell it that any of the other ports are 'Headphones' then they work in Stereo but only the front green port produces any actual bass in the sound :confused:

6. manbearpig

Wise Guy

Are your headphones broken?