One Car for the next 10 years

Soldato
You're about to purchase your main (and only car). It'll be your car for the next 10 years.

Which car do you purchase and why?

After giving it some thought.... I would go for one of the following -

* B8 RS4 - practically and relatively quick.

* Ferrari FF - perhaps not as practical as the RS. But it comes with a V12.. so yh.

Out of those.......... Something is telling me I'd go for the RS.

Lol....... "One Car"

Last edited:
Soldato
Something I'd actually be able to afford - Leon Cupra Estate or Octavia VRS Estate

Fantasy land - RS6 Estate

Soldato
My choice would be one of the following

- Mercedes E63S Estate
- Porsche Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo

Dup

Dup

Soldato
To fit current needs, mileage and lifestyle. Volvo XC90. Safe, somewhat reliable and I would hope wouldn't wear badly as a reliable Jap car where it would still be a comfy workhorse after 10 years. The modern tech now might not be as relevant in 10 years time though, I'd expect that to date it the most. Boring too, but a huge upgrade from my Civic and would suit family life in that time.

Caporegime
Say funds aren't an issue though. You simply need one car to suit your lifestyle.
Thing is, if funds weren't an issue, you'd never have to compromise down to a single vehicle.

I get the idea of the thread though, and i'd probably go for an Audi RS avant as well (want to see what the new A6 RS is like).

Soldato
Something like a Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI estate or a fully loaded Mazda 6 estate i'd think would be ideal for the next 10 years.

But for me i don't think i could ever have just 1 car as my needs as at such polar opposite ends of the spectrum there'd never be a car that would be good for both.

I need a big, comfy, safe family car which has no need to be in any way fast. And i need something light, fun and engaging to do track days.

Soldato
Simple answer; no car is good enough to keep for 10 years. :p. Nothing will ever satisfy every aspect of motoring enough to keep you entertained for that long.

Soldato
Money no object and you’d buy a 535D? A Sokda Superb? :(

Isn’t something like a Panamera great if you need some practicality?

Or the RS series etc surely

RR SVR?

OcUK Staff
I'd probably not change the SVR as an only car for the next ten years, it ticks all the boxes and has power that can be used all year round, only issue is I do like to change my cars, so doing a ten year stretch in any car be hard work.

Back
Top Bottom