One Plus Nord

Soldato
no one has created a thread for this yet and as the reveal was today i thought id create one.

base model is 379 and the specs seem good for the money. seems to tick all the right boxes as a midranger.

intial impression videos are positive.

anyone tempted?

Soldato
Looks good, but the mid-range market is quite crowded and I’m not sure the Nord stands out from the crowd.

However if i was looking for an Android at this price, I’d be interested. Depending on the reviews of course.

Soldato
The midrange market may be crowded but I still think they might be onto a winner here. Not many pack 90Hz into their screens at this price range and coupled with the software experience, this may prove to be an excellent combo.

Plenty of Chinese manufacturers cram amazing specs in but let down by software, which at the end what really creates the user experience. Not even that, something like a Pixel 4a is already looking outclassed before being released.

Rest of it stacks up really nicely too although from personal point of view, never saw a need for these macro lenses?

Soldato
Yeah the 2mp macro lens is a spec sheet addon, still useful.

Though on the 8pro, macro is built in to the main and ultra wide sensor for excellent close up shots. Love the feature.

Associate
I one of those pre order invite thing from OnePlus , I'm tempted to order one , only shame is that it doesn't come with wireless charging :( Hopefully the camera will be good in actual use.

Soldato
The more I look at it, the more I'm tempted to switch from my S10e as the battery life is pretty disgusting on that. This is a pretty big phone though, in fact bigger than S10+ so not sure I want to go back to bigger phones.

Soldato
This is a pretty big phone though, in fact bigger than S10+ so not sure I want to go back to bigger phones.

There’s supposed to be a 5.4” iPhone 12 coming, which will likely be competitively priced for an iOS device...

The Nord is meant to feel wide because it doesn’t have a curved screen.

Soldato
OP
I'll be getting it next week as per pre order. General release is August 4th ala Amazon, John Lewis eyc etc. I got a delivery slot of the 30th July but some has got a slot for the 28th July
AHH I see. Awesome stuff.

I quite fancy one to be honest. Shame Amazon doesn't take PayPal credit as a payment option.

Associate
I'm getting intrigued by these 765G devices. I'm not that fussed about the latest SoC etc but am starting to look for an upgrade for my trusty Pixel 2.The 765G seems to out perform the 835 in the Pixel 2 (although not sure how reliable the benches are I've seen ) so that coupled with better camera, more RAM at a decent mid range price might be a winner for me. I will just wait to see what Google has in store, been on Nexus and Pixels phones since forever.

Soldato
I'm getting intrigued by these 765G devices. I'm not that fussed about the latest SoC etc but am starting to look for an upgrade for my trusty Pixel 2.The 765G seems to out perform the 835 in the Pixel 2 (although not sure how reliable the benches are I've seen ) so that coupled with better camera, more RAM at a decent mid range price might be a winner for me. I will just wait to see what Google has in store, been on Nexus and Pixels phones since forever.

AnandTech states the 765G should be similar to a 845 in terms of CPU and 835 in terms of GPU, once we see more solid reviews of the Nord we should see how true that holds.

This does seem like a very solid phone especially its price. I still find it weird there's a 12gb option though, seems rather overkill especially for the normal user but I guess that will ensure the phone is more future proof.

There's also the plus side of coming with Google Phone and Google Messages too which gives it a little extra Pixel feel, not to mention Phone has Spam Call ID and Nearby Places, while Messages also having RCS support.

Back
Top Bottom