One Plus Nord

Soldato
The Nord is a £70 more than the very similar realme x50 5g

It was incredibly tough deciding if it was worth it and I'm still not 100% sure but it does have a slightly better screen and some other small improvements

I feel like I can trust OnePlus a bit more for uk warranty support and updates etc and was always happy with the support my OnePlus 3 got so thought it was best to stick to what I knew but I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with the realme too.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10319&idPhone2=10289

The other phones I looked at in same price range wherent available direct from UK and I was worried about warranty and software uodates even if some where better specced

Soldato
OP are a Chinese brand :)

OP are known for a clean Android experience while other Chinese manufacturers load up with bloat, though OP are slowly adding bloat as time goes on.

The Nord is a good phone at an attractive price. Whether you could find better elsewhere for a similar price comes down to what you want.

Understood but are they a more mainstream brand with a more stable OS?

I was holding for a pixel 4a but it's not 5g so was looking at some of those Chinese brands listed and then spotted this phone

Soldato
Finding Instagram slow to load feed pictures and videos seems its a fault raised by people on Oneplus forum start of this month still not been fixed.

First phone I have owned to have problems like this, I run a travel page so need access.

Soldato
The promise of being a flagship camera , but in use it feel poor

If you fell for that load of baloney you only have youself to blame :D. Oneplus have never made a flagship camera, and by that, I mean consistently excellent photos.

The nords good for the money though. Personally I'd have preferred a single front camera, and two decent ones on the rear with a 60hz screen for £50 less.

The spec was a bit confusing, which gave it something of an identity crisis. Fortunately I paid the pre-order price, but I have to say that at full RRP I'd have felt a bit cheated.

Associate
If you fell for that load of baloney you only have youself to blame :D. Oneplus have never made a flagship camera, and by that, I mean consistently excellent photos.

The nords good for the money though. Personally I'd have preferred a single front camera, and two decent ones on the rear with a 60hz screen for £50 less.

The spec was a bit confusing, which gave it something of an identity crisis. Fortunately I paid the pre-order price, but I have to say that at full RRP I'd have felt a bit cheated.

I also paid the pre order price and got the free buds. But I sent the whole lot back and got a full refund no questioned asked and I promptly got a new Pixel 4 XL on a great deal and still currently using it. It must be a record for me.

It was my 1st OnePlus phone and more than likely my last. Contemplating on getting the Pixel 5 on pre order.

Soldato
I also paid the pre order price and got the free buds. But I sent the whole lot back and got a full refund no questioned asked and I promptly got a new Pixel 4 XL on a great deal and still currently using it. It must be a record for me.

It was my 1st OnePlus phone and more than likely my last. Contemplating on getting the Pixel 5 on pre order.

I had a similar experience with a samsung S8. That lasted about an hour :D

Associate
I had a similar experience with a samsung S8. That lasted about an hour :D
I really wish Apple will hurry up and officially announce their upcoming iPhone series before the 19th October. It will save me getting both the Pixel 5 and a new iPhone in close proximity to each other.

I should really stick to iOS or Android and not dabble in both

Soldato
I really wish Apple will hurry up and officially announce their upcoming iPhone series before the 19th October. It will save me getting both the Pixel 5 and a new iPhone in close proximity to each other.

I should really stick to iOS or Android and not dabble in both

I'm in a similar sort of position. I have an iPhone 11, which is great, but seeing all these new releases has got me itching. I was planning on getting the 12, but now I also want a Samsung S20 FE or a Pixel 5. Does anyone use both systems on a daily? Is it worth the hassle of carrying two phones around everyday?

Soldato
Is it worth the hassle of carrying two phones around everyday?

I was using a OP 8 Pro and an iPhone 6s side by side for a while, sharing a SIM, which was no effort since I work from home.
Using both iOS and Android together was fun for a while, but when I choose a new phone (of whichever OS) I won’t make the effort to use two phones again.

Back
Top Bottom