One Plus Nord

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Right i've been using my Nord now for few hours and my first impressions are

The screen is lovely. It's a slighty larger screen/device then my Galaxy S8. Not too big.
The phone feels snappy and very quick. The 90hz is brilliant. You can tell the diffrence between 60 and 90hz immediately. Can't see my self going back to 60hz again.
The slider button on the side is a nice feature too. Can see my self using that all the time.

Oxygen OS is clean and simple. Pretty much stock android. The was one update ready when i switched the phone on. Yes there was 3 bloatware apps i had to remove, they were Facebook, Messenger and Instagram. Had to disable Netflix.

I've used the stock camera does produce very good pictures. Happy with the camera. As long it gets software/camera updates, i''l be fine. I have installed Gcam, but for some reason images are slightly washed out. Don't know what im doing wrong? Will take pictures tomorrow and post them here.

Only gripe i have is when i call or recieve phone calls, the volume is damn low.

Soldato
My girlfriend got this from JL today (£349) and is really happy with it, after her Pixel 3A ran out of battery and just never turned on again.

She said it’s a noticeable upgrade from her Pixel, with a better, brighter screen, much smoother and feels quicker. And she’s a big fan of the mute slider.

Associate
Picture samples mostly look great which is promising.
My biggest concern is whether it'll handle taking pictures of moving objects. The main reason for wanting a decent camera is for capturing pictures of the kids and they don't tend to pause for pictures at 3 and 4 years old, and they can be a blurry mesh on cheaper phones. Anyone with the phone got any experience of these types of pictures yet?

Soldato
Picture samples mostly look great which is promising.
My biggest concern is whether it'll handle taking pictures of moving objects. The main reason for wanting a decent camera is for capturing pictures of the kids and they don't tend to pause for pictures at 3 and 4 years old, and they can be a blurry mesh on cheaper phones. Anyone with the phone got any experience of these types of pictures yet?

I did a burst shot of my daughter on the swings and everyone came out sharp. Oneplus has vastly improved since the oneplus 3 days.
I would always recommend taking 2 or 3 shots each time though. Whilst they have improved, a few can come out blurred every now and again.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Went for a walk yesterday to my local walk park which is a 2mins away. Decided to see the diffrence between stock vs gcam . Firs lot of pics are stock then gcam.

Ultrawide samples - stock as gcam has no support, hopefully soon

Associate
Got a Nord arriving tomorrow from John Lewis, went for the 8GB model. Just trying to decide on a case, nothing available on Amazon for a few weeks so will probably have to buy an official case direct.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Got a Nord arriving tomorrow from John Lewis, went for the 8GB model. Just trying to decide on a case, nothing available on Amazon for a few weeks so will probably have to buy an official case direct.
I'm just using the case that came along in the box. It's doing a job for the mean time. I'm a Spigen fan when it comes to phone cases. Just waiting on them to release some.

Anyone recommend any glass screen protectors?

Soldato
I'm sure Google will replace it.

Nope, wouldn’t replace it due to an error on their system saying it only had a year warranty.

Currys, who we bought it from would only refund into a gift card because they didn’t stock the phone anymore.

I’d had enough of Google’s horrendous customer service, having dealt with it myself with a Pixel 2XL.

Associate
Had my first issue with the wifi on the Nord this morning. It just refused to connect to the router. I suspect the system update was responsible last night.

The solution was to delete the phone details on the router and then re-enter them.

Back
Top Bottom