One to rile the purists I guess - Rolls-Royce with an engine swap

Caporegime
Iirc the Mk66 Merlin was rated at 2000hp at sea level.
The final mark Griffons were 2400hp at take off with 25psi of pressure from the supercharger - there were for the Shackletons though so powered contra-rotating props.

Interesting, need to have a read up, can't remember the car(s) but i've seen an aircraft V12 and radial engine used in a car before.

Soldato
In an odd and very twisted sort of way, I kind of like that, it appeals to my childish side, on the other hand I think this is precisely why you shouldn't let a load of Yanky Philistines loose on such a beautiful car.

Associate
Can you explain that a bit more, 'cause as far as I can see the execution is pretty awesome. I just have this niggling doubt that the whole idea is.....right.

Dont get me wrong the finnish/quality of work looks top notch.

I just dont like the way its been done. The wheels look aweful. The bonnet rivets dont 'fit' the rest of the car. It looks (and I never thought i'd say this) too low!

I like the idea, but cant help but think if the car looked a little more standard/subtle (although keeping the supercharger) it'd be all the better for it.

But then I guess subtlety is not what the owner was aiming for :)

Soldato
Seems ok to me as an old rolls would be a money pit and maybe the chassis is put to good use with the power

I remember someone going to cruises in an old XJ6 and it looked a lot better then a corsa with 3 spoilers, I'd rather see an older car put to good use then left barely used

Back
Top Bottom