one Xonar Xense preview

Associate
For those interested in Xonar Xense, here is a preview post from GURU.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/xonar-xense-soundcard-preview/

Although just a preview, it include a full look at the card, drivers, specs, and so on... It's might be a little surprised coz some of us assume Xonar Xense will be bundled with ASUS's CineVibe. But this preview from GURU professional turns out to be a myth buster~~~ha (same here, I thought it will go with CineVibe, a vibration headset...)

FYI

Associate
Looks like the xonar STX with 7.1 analogue capability instead of RCA :p Nice, creatives still trying to come up with something to compete with the STX never mind this new xense heh.

Associate
OP
Wonder where Creatives Xfi ii is gone.....

It couldn’t be blamed for this assumption since it’s really a quite long time since its previous model. Although I don’t know whether Creative switch its business model from audio card innovation to peddle its chips, things can't go tto far.

Maybe this is due to its driver issues or something, but I think most people here really hope Creative can hear our sound and take driver issues more seriously. I assume ASUS Xonar would beat Creative sooner or later… if nothing changed from Creative. Just a piece of my opinion….

Associate
What's is the difference between Xonar Essence and Xense? It seems they are in the same category of music enthusiastic and both with amp and high SNR. Really confused why they do this repetition...

Soldato
The Xense has a kind of socket found on the Auzentech Forte, which allows connection of 7.1 speakers. It appears as though that's what it is. What I wonder is this, the Essence has high quality components for it's stereo channels. Will Asus use lower quality components for the 7.1 connection? If all 8 channels have high quality components, surely the card will be more expensive than the Essence.

Last edited:
Associate
No idea, but here's another review

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/33...ith_xonar_xense_hd_audio_solution/index7.html

So, is the Xense worth the upgrade if you’re already an owner of a Xonar? The short answer is yes, it is. And if you are in need of some real hi-fi headphones, then even more so. The bottom line is, if you want the best audio at the moment on your PC and have the resources free to spend on it, then you cannot do any better than the Xense.

So, without further discussion and for all of these many reasons listed today, we once again dig deep into our bag of tricks to produce another Tweaktown Editors Choice Award for ASUS` bulging trophy cabinet.

Associate
I thought for months it was rumoured to come with Sennheiser PC 350 cans?

I just hope you can buy the card without the headphones.

I agree - while I'm sure the headset is OK, I've never been one for added extras when all I'm interested in is the main product.

Not sure this would be worth an upgrade over a Xonar D2X anyway.

Soldato
Yes I think it is. :)

Shame you have to have the headset aswell though, assuming it is a bundle only. A review said the PC350's are not really good enough to warrant buying the Xense, if it's sold as a bundle only, unless someone needs the 7.1 analogue connection. The reviewer said, buying an Essence and better quality headphones is the much better option. A right pain in the butt then, for someone wanting the 7.1 analogue connection, but not wanting the PC350's. There is always the option of selling the PC350's I suppose.

I have no idea why Asus never sold the ST with the daughter board like they did with the HDAV Deluxe. Clearly they intended to do this, otherwise the ST would not have the socket for the daughter board.

Back
Top Bottom