Ongoing project that saves my life.

Associate
OP
Yes I have OVRDROP actually the latency is almost non existent although I am still problem solving which I love. :)

But that isn't the problem and yes I have looked at all the guides, the problem is VR output is 4k Elgato capture card I own is ONLY 1080p It will not downscale or cope with anything above, unfortunately I can not afford the 4k version.

OVRDROP is used for hooking and allowing access to twitch chat within the VR it has no way of dealing with my problem.

I have been streaming 17 months on a single pc system and VR.

Now certain games like Half Life alyx create a full screen 1080p version but not many games in VR do that without tweaks and changes.

I could scale openVR plugin but the big issue is this OBS or OBS streamlabs can't hook into VR if VR is on a separate gaming pc.

Just explaining all this so people understand the challenges I am facing on this and what I have already tried a lot of google and reddit guides.

What most people do is this on a dual setup.

Buy a 4k Elgato or equivalent Capture card and Pipe the VR via that. unfortunately a little over my pay grade.

Sadly the old V1 Elgato card I own refuses 4k signal, I would have to buy a hardware downscaler and hdmi spliter and that may not work because VR signal is a weird kind of resolution and shape.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You have an extremely calming way of talking through things on your channel - please do keep it up.
Once all this is setup properly I am going to start reading stories on my channel (old ones like the grim fairy tales which are out of copyright)

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Caporegime
Christ that was an inspirational, moving read. Good luck to you good sir. There are no further words.

Did you watch the video he shared in this thread talking about his PTSD? It was very moving, and described PTSD very clearly. I had no idea what it was like before. Of course, I still don't, but I feel like I understand a lot better, and that is important.

Soldato
Once all this is setup properly I am going to start reading stories on my channel (old ones like the grim fairy tales which are out of copyright)

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.
That sounds like a stellar plan.

There's a slight Alan Bennett hint to your voice - I don't just mean the accent, but also the intonation and phraseology you use.

Associate
OP
Did you watch the video he shared in this thread talking about his PTSD? It was very moving, and described PTSD very clearly. I had no idea what it was like before. Of course, I still don't, but I feel like I understand a lot better, and that is important.
Thank you to, yourself and everyone else in this thread, if my videos, my experience can help others to understand what it is like to have depression or PTSD, how it feels to be in lockdown for 17 months then it is a good thing, Sadly with how 2020 is going a lot more people are going to be dealing with mental trauma than we have seen for a lot of years.

Here is today's update which includes tweaks to my project I will mess with tomorrow, I think my logic is sound on this but please feel free to chime in and offer advice.
Warning we do have a dogpocalypse during the video as in something comes through the door and we end up with a short time during the video that doggies go psycho.

Caporegime
A lot of things in your video which I semi relate to today! I can't focus on certain things properly, I have to watch or listen to some things 10 times before the information stays in my head (I was diagnosed with ADHD/ADD as a child, as well as various other things, labels, I can't remember them!) and I can't turn my brain off when I need to, to sleep, etc. I also don't like wearing watches because I'm always aware that its there, which is annoying because I love watches, I have my Mondaine displayed on my notice board, but I don't wear it!

And my computer keeps doing that thing where it loses and re-connects devices all the time, because I have too much stuff connected. But my PC is also about 8 years old. :p

The dogpocolypse did make me jump.

Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Associate
OP
A lot of things in your video which I semi relate to today! I can't focus on certain things properly, I have to watch or listen to some things 10 times before the information stays in my head (I was diagnosed with ADHD/ADD as a child, as well as various other things, labels, I can't remember them!) and I can't turn my brain off when I need to, to sleep, etc. I also don't like wearing watches because I'm always aware that its there, which is annoying because I love watches, I have my Mondaine displayed on my notice board, but I don't wear it!

And my computer keeps doing that thing where it loses and re-connects devices all the time, because I have too much stuff connected. But my PC is also about 8 years old. :p

The dogpocolypse did make me jump.

Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Day went really well, partially setup the single PC setup. yes ADHD/ADD is a real challenge another invisible illness that is very hard to describe. Happy you liked the video.

Associate
My knowledge and expertise is pretty limited,

But I have a basic 2 PC streaming setup using NDI, which sends the video and audio from my gaming PC to the streaming PC over the network.

You would just be limited by network bandwidth then instead of the capture card limitations ?

Associate
OP
My knowledge and expertise is pretty limited,

But I have a basic 2 PC streaming setup using NDI, which sends the video and audio from my gaming PC to the streaming PC over the network.

You would just be limited by network bandwidth then instead of the capture card limitations ?
That is interesting let me look into that thank you.

Associate
OP
No streaming till later due to waiting on parts to arrive, instead I just put together two videos.
First is about my ADHD and Higher Functioning Autism

On a super positive note, I am working on my kitchen PC while this is all going on so that I will be able to do Food videos again.

Associate
Very informative video that has helped myself understand ptsd and adhd more than i did. dont ever let anything get you down. your vlogs help others come out of their shell and make them feel safer. keep up the good work ;)

Associate
I can't even imagine what you have been through, but this has been a very inspiring thread. Great videos btw, keep it up!

Associate
OP
Today someone told me on one of my videos that I was whining and complaining because I didn't have a sponsor or money, that I was "hurting my brand" by talking about real life stuff and I should instead do fun videos.

My videos are not for everyone, my videos first and foremost help keep me partially sane, my brain doesn't understand this world we live in so yes some of my videos may cover sponsorship and funding because it seems the only way to be successful on these platforms is to be fake and sign away your soul, to my brain it seems honest people and real stuff should be rewarded so yes now and then my videos will be an outlet to the "why is doing the right thing punished in this world of ours"

I am not a brand, I am just me, and I really do appreciate anyone who watches my videos and it makes a difference to them, you are part of the reason I do this and even if it sounds corny just 1-2 people watching my videos and supporting me with a comment now and then is all I really need.

My Camcorder is my therapist a 24/7 all access where I can stabilize my self and get anything bothering me out in the open, it works for me and those few people like here that it helps them with their lives or problems than that absolutely truly rocks :)

BTW I am still getting micro stutters with my main camera, so off to tweak my setup again.

Man of Honour
Did you give him the answer you have just posted ?

You have been through so much.

There maybe something to take from his comment about doing a fun video. Not for the purpose of entertainment and attracting viewers but to show the fun/lighter side of you .

I'm sure that will happen when your ready.

Associate
OP
Oh definitely not from here :)

Project plan, need to look into a 1080p 60fps webcam and then figure out how to fund them for the kitchen cooking program PC.
I may still sell my laptop to fund that.

Probably something like the Logitech Brio but the much cheaper Logitech Streamcam actually looks really good for half the price.

(the big one being the main image of the food cooking, then 1 720p on me the other on the ingredient tray).

Here is my test cooking video using spare parts.

This is one of my old cooking streams using better cameras and a better computer before I had to take it apart for parts. hopefully I can get back to that level of cooking videos again.

Back
Top Bottom