Online FPS with bases

Associate
Fair enough. I'm tempted to get it through steam if I can play through it with the overlay working properly, but for double the price I'm not too sure :\

I've been watching some videos and it does look really fun though :D

Soldato
And for an alternative suggestion, Planetside.

Not exactly what you're looking for, as its based on huge continents, not small symmetrical maps, but there's loads of bases you have to capture over the continents, a variety of tanks and weapons to play with. Only problem is the monthly fee, but its worth it.

+1 for Planetside

Associate
Is there anyone on OcUK playing this? I'm gonna get UT3 next week so it would be good to play with anyone else from here. And if you play, do you have xfire or anything?

Soldato
Shame tribes 3 killed it off :(

Tribes Vengeance was great, although I don't know if anyone still plays it. There was a free browser game with pretty good graphics that you could play online from the people who mades tribes, can't remember its name though :/

Soldato
I love these kinds of games also.

C&C Renegade was an interesting idea and multiplayer was indeed great fun.

Tribes Vengeance is brilliant also, (Tribes 2 was possibly better but the graphics are real bad now) nothing like skiiing and jetpacking around while blasting people with glowing blue discs and it has bases.

UT3 kind of has bases but I like Tribes more, shame there isn't one on the new engine.

Planetisde is the ultimate game of this genre, a true FPS/MMO. Amazing but probably not worth the £10 a month these days.

I spend mst my time on MMOs now but obviously of the RPG variety, would love a FPS/MMO again.

As fun as an FPS but with the longevity of a MMO.

Soldato
Battlefield project reality is pretty good for team work and keeping points safe!

Few of us from our clan are playing it again.... really good, if you dont work as a team your banned.... crash the chopper with peoiple in it your banned!

Man of Honour
OP
Can anyone log into renegade-x I need the install notes on the forum but I can't log in, reminder email is not working and registration is not sending emails either. So I can't get on.

Associate
I'll do it now if you want still?

It's quite fun but there's only one server that ever seems to have people on it, and even then it's quite empty :(

EDIT: Misread, didn't realise the site was down :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom