Online Safety Razor Retailer

Soldato
Finally taking the plunge with:

English Shaving Brush - Small Super (one reccomended earlier is out of stock still.)
Merkur Safety Razor 34
Taylor Lavender Shaving Cream Pot

£63 all in all

Hope its worth it.

Caporegime
Youstolemyname said:
Thinking of getting this pack of samplers. Are these the isrealis you mean as there seem to be loads of different isreali blades out there...

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/uk.html

there are lots of different israeli's about, some are even fakes, the ones i have were from the shaving shack and the sampler set from the website i listed above, both of them have been heaven, i do suggest though that when you start shaving, it takes at least 12-18 shaves to perfect your technique so i would suggest going through the blades one at a time, say for example you decide to use the israeli's first dont find them that well, move onto derby and you find them better, then move to feather and finde them even better, its not because of the blades its because your technique is improving, so make sure you master shaving first before going through the blades to find the best one for you, everybody is different, some people love feathers, they are the sharpest you can buy but i find them too sharp and they cut my face to pieces

Caporegime
Reppyboyo said:
Finally taking the plunge with:

English Shaving Brush - Small Super (one reccomended earlier is out of stock still.)
Merkur Safety Razor 34
Taylor Lavender Shaving Cream Pot

£63 all in all

Hope its worth it.

the cream is good for starting with but can work out expensive, but it is a hell of a lot better than that goo in a can gillete sell, you will feel the difference on your skin within a week, the razor you have chosen is perfect for beginners, i would suggest getting a sampler set of blades, you get 50 blades for about £15 from most places, i use mainly trumpers soaps, but truefitt and hill for creams, shaving brushes are all the same and you can skimp on these if you dont wanna spend too much money, you can buy artificial brushes for less than £10 that do just as good a job and is badger friendly, my starters set cost me over £150 but now i dont need to spend a penny on shaving gear for another 3 years, and after 3 years i will only need to spend £10 a year for shaving blades and a soap, so its well worth it in the long run, plus its different, and my skin is noticeably smooth as silk, a girl even asked me what i use on my face and i told her nothing i dont use any substances on my face apart from foam for shaving and she was like your so lucky to have such good skin

Back
Top Bottom