1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ooh Google Pack :p

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Greenlizard0, 28 Jan 2006.

1. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

This is a cool little thing, it gives you norton antivirus for free as well! I'm downloading now, thought you guys would like a heads up.

Feel Free to delete, I couldn't find this anywhere else using the search option :)

2. modo77

Mobster

Always helps... http://pack.google.com/ :)
    Not a bad little collection.

3. Fillado

Wise Guy

Apparently they don't get paid or pay anyone to put things in there - which begs the question why they included RealPlayer and Norton AntiVirus ;)

4. marc2003

Capodecina

it looks like you can remove any dodgy software before you download it... ;)

[​IMG]

5. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

Do you not like norton antivirus?

6. |Ric|

Hitman

I prefer a system that is usable over norton, seemingly they struggle to give it away ;)

7. marc2003

Capodecina

actually i've never used it. but that's because of the endless tales of woe i hear from people who do.... :D

8. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

9. Craig321

Capodecina

Of course stuff is going to be out of date, especially Norton 2005, the name "Norton 2005" says it all :)

Craig.

10. Robbo123

PermaBanned

norton is a very bad antivirus - it detects 1 in 5 viruses, takes ages scanning, is a system hog, its basically an expensive version of AVG free lol

11. NathanE

Capodecina

Methinks Google is on the brink of exiting their "honeymoon period" where they can do no wrong.

12. Craig321

Capodecina

Not true, OK so it takes quite a bit of memory etc. and bloody scans it's own update files straight from live update (lol). But when I used to use it all the time I never, ever had a problem with viruses or hackers at all.

I'm now using PC Cillin, takes alot less resources than Norton and gets updates every day which I like, so I prefer PC Cillin at the moment.

13. DanMc07

Mobster

Yrah the down-side of norton is the amount of resources it uses up, although it is no a problem with my current rig no moe as i have 2gigs, but on my previous rigs it was like a snale.
    I tend to use mcafee now, hardly uses any resources and does the job, although my dad still swears by norton. It's all down to personal preference.
    Although the new norton 2006 package aint too shabby actually