Ooooh S2000 fun

Soldato
OP
OOOOOOOOOOOH BIG news (can you tell I am excited) :D

Having had a good chat with John the owner of Thorny Motorsport I have lucked out some what!

He has said he will use my car as a tech demo car of sorts for his stage 3 kit which he will fully document for his website and a magazine feature!!!!

I am getting a fair chunk off the cost and I would imagin get an even better fettling if it is going in a mag as I am sure he wants to show the best he can do.

Geting Miltek Racing cats, cat back and rear box, racing cams and £400 worth of internals (valve springs and bits and bobs) and a full remap to take advantage of the changes.

Being an honest bloke John doesn't like to give firm BHP figures instead does a before and after dyno along with a no happy no pay (with revert to stock) gaurantee.

The exhaust and remap alone gives around 28bhp with the cams offering another 20+, the remap and cams give amassive increase in midrange fun as well as the higher peak output but make the power delivery more inline with the csl, which even though it is lighter will get nailed by an m3 with all the above (oh yeah).

Anyone who has dealt with or heard tales of John and his work will know what a standup bloke he is and he only deals in rearwheel figures but will show crank but doesn't put any value in them.

Even geting a courtesy car thrown in for free for three days :)

Roll on the 20th of June

Soldato
OP
Conanius said:
I think we need to make an agreement.

you ARE coming to the RR day ;)

lol I was thinking that same thing, although won't powerstation show my car is pulling about 47bhp ;)

Seriously would be nice to meet peeps so will definatly have a think about it, although I would hate be shown up by a tubby Rover ;)

Soldato
Steve said:
lol I was thinking that same thing, although won't powerstation show my car is pulling about 47bhp ;)

Seriously would be nice to meet peeps so will definatly have a think about it, although I would hate be shown up by a tubby Rover ;)

hehe, defo come along mate, even if just to speccy :) id love a peep at the car

Caporegime
Nice, should be good with the mods. I assume the rev limit is being increased too?

A black M3 cained it past me on the m40 this morning, looked very nice. (i was driving my mates 60hp Punto though :( Really fancy one in the future.

Soldato
OP
Simon said:
Nice, should be good with the mods. I assume the rev limit is being increased too?

A black M3 cained it past me on the m40 this morning, looked very nice. (i was driving my mates 60hp Punto though :( Really fancy one in the future.

Limiter is staying at 8000 as the wear/load to the engine exponentially increase with higher revs another 200rpm on the already high 8000rpm wil add 20% more load/wear.

THe peak power will be brough down the rev range a little alla the CSL to make it more usable

Back
Top Bottom