1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open vs closed ear

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by valdai, 14 Oct 2009.

1. valdai

Gangster

Hi

I've been looking at headsets and decided to go for the Gamecom open ear 377. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong one and ended up with the closed ear 367. I still have the opprtunity to return them, but I was just wondering how much difference there really is between them? Does anyone have much experience with this?

Is it worth the hassle of exchanging them?

Thanks

2. Sindri

Hitman

I wouldn't believe you would see a huge difference when it came to sound, the only thing i have noticed with my plantronics 777's is that due to it being open ear i can hear speaking to me. Whereas closed cup 367's would probably isolate background noise.

3. valdai

Gangster

Yeah that was the feeling I got. I guess my main concern was that they might be a little less comfortable because there won't be any air flow or anything inside?

4. BigBruiserAl

Mobster

I have bought a Gamecom open ear 377 and the sound is pretty good the mic on the other is complete rubbish in fact so much so i threw in the back of draw glad i only payed £20 for it. I have 3 different headsets even the cheap £7 one has a better mike....if you use TS/vent choose another mate