Opinion on Cooler Master power supplies?

Associate
How are Cooler Master power supplies?
I'm thinking of getting a Cooler master NWE 750W Gold fully modular PSU.
(MPY-7501-AFAAG-UK)
but noticed some people disliking Cooler master power supplies in general, saying they are unreliable and not long lasting etc was wondering if they are really not good?

Man of Honour
There are far better psu's available for the price and I wouldn't buy one. The only decent Coolermaster psu's worth buying were the Seasonic built V series. These Coolermaster NWE units are mediocre at best. The main cap is only rated at 85 degrees C yet they claim only high quality parts are used. If that were the case then it should have a 105 degree C rated main cap. The warranty is only five years as well. For the price I would be expecting 7-10 years like it's competitors. Take a look at these ranges:-

Seasonic Focus GX (10 year warranty)
Phanteks Amp (10 year warranty)
Corsair RM, RM-X (both have 10 year warranties)
Superflower Leadex III (7 year warranty)

All are better than the Coolermaster.

Soldato
The MWE is OK, Coolermaster do make better ones such as the Masterwatt maker gold & platinum series semi & Full modular models. Warranty is 5 years though. Corsair, Superflower & Seasonic offer longer warranties if you think that is important, but the length of warranty depends on what you decide to buy. Go with whatever @pastymuncher suggested & you should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom