Opinions on 350z anyone?

Soldato
I like the 350Z a lot, never driven one though.

Was seriously considering one vs the M3.

If it had a highly tuneable turbo lump then I think it would be a truly amazing car, but as it is I think it counts as a 'pretty cool' car.

Associate
OP
As much as i love the S15 and its rarity i still like the sleek look of the 350z and the fact its N/A, i prefer the S15 looks over the 350z in standard form but when the 350z has that nismo kit it transforms the car!

this is the kit that i like..someones going to tell me its not the nismo kit.. :eek:

350z.jpg

Associate
I've been passenger in a 350z and I loved the torque, acceleration from 90+ was awesome and the traction control seemed needed ;)

The S15 is a lovely car, I'm still mulling over my choices, currently running an S14 but having driven the S15 they are a far better car (but big price premium compared to the S14.

260bhp but very tunable, 300 + is relatively cheap with great handling / looks. I thought the interior looked pretty modern, dig out some photos on www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb

Test drive them both and see what you think.

Personally I prefer the look of this S15, perhaps almost a bit too fast and furious but very hard looking none the less

p1r2-s15.jpg

Soldato
Future brother in law has one. He absolutely loves it. He has the biggest grin while driving it and to be fair its a pretty awesome motor. His is a Jap import so its a bit limited but we were nipping around some private roads and it was hellafun.

Dont get it in black. The door handles still come in Silver and they look ridiculous. My sisters fiancé has a silver one, unkitted and it looks nice. Put a kit on it and it should look the bees knees.

Associate
DreXeL said:
My God that is gorgeous. I love S15's, and that one is probably the best I've seen.

Yup when I found it my jaw dropped, it was just after I'd test driven a black S15 as well so found it very hard not to buy it straight away. When I posted it on SXOC everyone loved it. It then got reposted onto the S15 owners club where they all seemed to love it as well!

Save some cash to buy a house or go mad and get an S15, hmmmm......

Caporegime
the 350z are a Very very nice car. i have seen a few about and they have good lines, nice engine and good ride.

i would definately consider one. yes its true its not a turbo, but i am sure the 3.5lump is tunable to approx 300bhp with full exhaust, remap, header, cams etc... not cheap but i reckon it would be a go-er!

Arc

Arc

Associate
Nickg said:
i would definately consider one. yes its true its not a turbo, but i am sure the 3.5lump is tunable to approx 300bhp with full exhaust, remap, header, cams etc... not cheap but i reckon it would be a go-er!

Eh, the standard 350z has 276bhp, dont think it'll take that much to get it to 300bhp ;). The GT4 (and the newer revisions) have 296bhp.

Lets just say it aint slow but they are pricey.

Suspended
I test drove one of the first 350Z that middlehurst had in, it was silver with the orange leather trim option.

Very easy to drive well and the build quality is superb, I agree about the door handles, lack of space in the boot and also the position of the hand brake is poo cack. A good second hand buy now there are only two or three levels of trim so make sure you get one with the GT pack and all will be well. Overall good car but have you thought about an RX8, that was a far better car IMHO.

Soldato
can i ask a question first of all, whats wrong with French engines?? Isnt the current leader in F1's engines made by a French Car company :p

anyway i love the 350z and if i had the cash i would buy one in a hearbeat, is there any after market handles for it?? or can you get it de handled? not seen either done before. I think the handles would look great if they where carbon fibre on a black Nissan, but i will never win the lottery so never get that lol

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
can i ask a question first of all, whats wrong with French engines?? Isnt the current leader in F1's engines made by a French Car company :p

anyway i love the 350z and if i had the cash i would buy one in a hearbeat, is there any after market handles for it?? or can you get it de handled? not seen either done before. I think the handles would look great if they where carbon fibre on a black Nissan, but i will never win the lottery so never get that lol
LIkewise I could give a rats arse who makes the engine, which is why I bought one on monday
newmotor.jpg
yes they are totally and utterly impractical, but its got me wanting to get up for work again :D

Back
Top Bottom