Opinions on 350z anyone?

Caporegime
the engine is nissan. it is one of the finest NA's around:

The VQ35DE is built in Iwaki, Japan and Decherd, TN. It was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2002 through 2006, the only engine to be on Ward's list every year since its inception. wiki.

Soldato
Nickg said:
the engine is nissan. it is one of the finest NA's around:

The VQ35DE is built in Iwaki, Japan and Decherd, TN. It was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2002 through 2006, the only engine to be on Ward's list every year since its inception. wiki.
works wonders on the ears :D

Permabanned
Bradmax57 said:
which is why I bought one on monday

Congrats, lovely cars. I had a sit in one a couple of weeks ago with the engine off, it was much nicer and more sporty than any of the other cars there. the Z4 and the porches seemed to be aimed at a much older kind of buyer with the focus on class rather than fun.

Caporegime
1.5 ton 2 seater though :eek:

I sat in a few at Goodwood FOS. Do like them but don't expect more than 20mpg from them, very thirsty apparently.

I take it your going for the coupe version? If the convertible then I'd recommend an S2000, similar performance

Soldato
willd58 said:
Congrats, lovely cars. I had a sit in one a couple of weeks ago with the engine off, it was much nicer and more sporty than any of the other cars there. the Z4 and the porches seemed to be aimed at a much older kind of buyer with the focus on class rather than fun.
came from a 330ci sport, which imo isnt a patch on the nissan, hell ive no kids and if i need to carry something larger ill use the wifes clio 172 :p

Soldato
Simon said:
1.5 ton 2 seater though :eek:

I sat in a few at Goodwood FOS. Do like them but don't expect more than 20mpg from them, very thirsty apparently.

I take it your going for the coupe version? If the convertible then I'd recommend an S2000, similar performance
ive got it coupe, but im currently on average of 23mpg, and on my drive back from bristol got 33mpg!

Soldato
Paras said:
i really do like them but I still dont know if i would take one over a M3

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/roadtests/38197/nissan_350z.html

Paras
comparing is easy, deciding if you genuinely would part with your own money is a lot more difficult.
the M car will hold a larger percentage of it's resale value (unless for some reason supplies of the 350 are limited).
then we have running costs, purchase costs, image and practicality...all of which make zero difference when we're deciding which we prefer, but in the real world these can be deal breaker qualities.

Associate
JUMPURS said:
can i ask a question first of all, whats wrong with French engines?? Isnt the current leader in F1's engines made by a French Car company :p

the 350z has problems with suspension and clutches, not ideal for a jap car!

the point is that nissan USED to have a very good repoutation for quality and reliability. over the last 3/4 years the new models have suffered from problems. a freind of mine is an expereince nissan mechanic and he says that he would buy a 1999 primera gt tommorow but wouldnt touch the newer ones.

Suspended
Ford Focus on Steroids.... with a french engine :p

But then I have to say that as a mortal enemy of my RX8!

Saying that I do prefer the RX8 to a 350Z, the inside is better, it has 4 seats it handles better although it does have a bit less power.

Associate
Noxis said:
Ford Focus on Steroids.... with a french engine :p

But then I have to say that as a mortal enemy of my RX8!

Saying that I do prefer the RX8 to a 350Z, the inside is better, it has 4 seats it handles better although it does have a bit less power.

I have to say I like the mazda too, not sure why.

That says a lot as a small time nissan fan boy, ex-s12 and s13 owner who still hankers for a g20 gt and (strangely) a maxima/qx.

Back
Top Bottom