• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opinions on a quiet 3070 GPU?

Soldato
Hi all, I hope you're well today.

My head is almost fried looking at GPUs for my build. I went down a rabbit hole or two but I have finally settled on an RTX 3070 GPU. Now I need to figure out which variant suits me the best. Quite a lot of the models I have tried to find reviews on have not turned up enough to convince me.

Can anyone advise on a nice and quiet 3070 GPU? I am more concerned about noise levels than thermal performance. I don't think I'll stress out the GPU in my machine with programs like Inventor, AutoCAD and the occasional game of Factorio. I appreciate there may be cheaper options but I like the idea of having a recent card that should cover a few future releases of Inventor.

I like the look of the Gigabyte Vision OC 3070 - a very good looking card. I did read on the forums that some have had connector issues though..
Aside from that, I'm struggling to find information on the quieter cards without sifting through them one-by-one, all the while they're going out of stock so I need to act relatively swiftly.

Looking forward to pointers for a quiet 3070! Thanks in advance.

Soldato
The Founders Edition is actually supposed to be incredibly quiet. The out of the box fan curve is very relaxed, even compared to the partner models (it runs a bit hotter as a consequence, but nothing outrageous). Getting your hands on one is another matter of course...

Associate
I for one can attest to both the Palit RTX3070 GamingPro and the Gigabyte RTX3070 Gaming OC editions being very nice and quiet, with amazing performance. Just last week I bought the Palit from OCUK over the phone as it was actually in stock and I must say I am blown away with it's thermals, build quality and lack of noise. Hubby uses it in FS2020 and it's putting huge frame rates up, despite running at pretty high settings at 1440p. It's never gone above 60degrees which is absolutely stunning, (it shames my Gigabyte even!).

That's just from a couple of weeks of use, so I hope that helps you.

Associate
the gigabyte 3070 gaming oc has a bios switch on the board edge where you can manually select the quieter fan option , i have one and its a cracking card , the connector issues i found a non starter .... simply insert your power leads carefully and you will not push the pins out the back end at this price range you would be handling it with kid gloves anyway once your shiny ampere arrives , noise wise i find the gaming oc not intrusive and it sits in a core p5 on my desk and its barely a whisper and i havent picked up much coil whine either

Soldato
OP
Just pounced on a 3070 card that went in stock - MSI gaming trio for £640. Not sure how I feel about it. It went out of stock immediately but it could be we all thought "buy now, think later".

Will continue to look for better deals and return it if I am successful.

Man I dislike being ripped off, even during stock shortages

Soldato
FE is very quiet but a PITA to buy. I’m really fussy about noise and I’m happy with it.

I think the gaming trio is meant to be slightly quieter and certainly runs cooler but it’s quite a premium. TBH, I’d buy a 3080 FE instead at that price.

Soldato
Just pounced on a 3070 card that went in stock - MSI gaming trio for £640. Not sure how I feel about it. It went out of stock immediately but it could be we all thought "buy now, think later".

Will continue to look for better deals and return it if I am successful.

Man I dislike being ripped off, even during stock shortages
I've got this card, my tower is less than a foot away & I barely even hear it.

Back
Top Bottom