• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opterons 165 & 170 < - Gibbo

Permabanned
2.85ghz on air, 1.45v, RAM at DDR474 (using 166 divider). Its a 408L aswell ! :)

I jan ran 2 instances of SuperPI 8m, one instance on each core. The best time on 1 core was 5 minutes and 50 second. So I kept that one and decided to run a sinlge instance of Pi on it own, to check the difference out time wise. It ran 20 seconds faster !! 5 minutes 30 second ! See the screenshot. Does this seem right ?

8m.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Got my 170 at 2.5Ghz which is as high as I can go as my ram doesn't like memory dividers.

Which although is not as high as I think it will go, a 25% increase in speed for nothing is excellent, looking at getting some better overclocking ram next :)

Associate
I guess core zero is probably tied to your os, could be wrong.

benktlottie said:
2.85ghz on air, 1.45v, RAM at DDR474 (using 166 divider). Its a 408L aswell ! :)

I jan ran 2 instances of SuperPI 8m, one instance on each core. The best time on 1 core was 5 minutes and 50 second. So I kept that one and decided to run a sinlge instance of Pi on it own, to check the difference out time wise. It ran 20 seconds faster !! 5 minutes 30 second ! See the screenshot. Does this seem right ?

Last edited:
Associate
I allready have 2 3800X2s both overclocked to 2.6 & 2.7 and have noticed one core is always faster.
I got my 165 Opty on Friday and after initial running in took it up to 2.6 today.
I did notice the difference between cores on the Opty is more than on the 3800X2s, think this may be due to the larger L2 cache.

Back
Top Bottom