• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opterons 165 & 170 < - Gibbo

Caporegime
Nixeh said:
The equivilent chip you can get for the price of a 170 is the 4400+ but only has a total of 1mb cache, where the 170 has a total of 2mb cache and can overclock to a FX60 and slightly beyond, with the right cooling.

The x2 4400 has 2mb cache just like the opteron 170.they both have the same ammount of cache.

The x2 3800's can reach 2.6ghz aswell as the 4400's

The 170 is 200 mhz slower than the 4400 and is 50 quid cheaper.And clocks better on average depending on the stepping.

kbc

kbc

Associate
easyrider said:
The x2 4400 has 2mb cache just like the opteron 170.they both have the same ammount of cache...

If this wasn't correct, then I would never have got my 4400+ but I'm pretty sure it was a decent decision. Nixeh, you need to do a little more research before posting that. ;)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
hmmmm how much is the 165 gona be on here? will it be less then about £225? as this is the price i can get a good one for now...but the offers not gona last for ever...

Soldato
i've currently waiting for mine £219 inc delivery, looks like it's gonna be another couple of weeks, if you can get these in gibbo i'll cancel that one straight away!

Soldato
lego said:
i've currently waiting for mine £219 inc delivery, looks like it's gonna be another couple of weeks, if you can get these in gibbo i'll cancel that one straight away!

I'd be surprised [pleasantly] if ocuk sell them for 219 or better.

Permabanned
If you were in the States you could pick up 165's for around $300-$330 (£170-£188) and I have seen a small few in stock over there. Unless AMD changes it's policy re Opteron and selling to Etailors then people will be hard pressed to get them. If OcUK do manage to get them in they will be sold out in 10mins!

Soldato
wam7 said:
If OcUK do manage to get them in they will be sold out in 10mins!

I dont expect AMD will release THAT many to OCUK!!!!

Here's to crossing my fingers and toes

I got one of the first shipments of Opty 144's from OCUK and am well impressed with it, stunned infact

Why cant someone come out with a decent dual s939 mobo with pcie usb2 etc etc to coax AMD into the right decision - stupid idea of course amd would need to produce special bridge chips or whatever first I would guess.

Come on AMD relase those 165's and 170's to loyal OCUK customers

Associate
I got an Opteron 175 in the last few days for £340. Pre-order from a UK supplier who didn't actually show that they had any in stock, but guess they must have found one lying about ;)

cheers
v.f.

kbc

kbc

Associate
voodooflux said:
I got an Opteron 175 in the last few days for £340. Pre-order from a UK supplier who didn't actually show that they had any in stock, but guess they must have found one lying about ;)

cheers
v.f.

...hmm that was lucky. I've seen a few places with 175s as well, one minute it said it was in stock, the day after it was out. That was when I thought, I wish I ordered it... it was for £340 as well. ;)

kbc

kbc

Associate
nolimit said:
is there any point in getting/searching opty 175 when it costs the same as x2 4400 with near same spec?

No, not really if it's at the same price (though I once saw OcUK increase the 4400+ price to about £370). But it's potential for a higher overclock and increased stability since it's a server chip may pursuade some people. Though I'm certain the 165 is more value for money than this Opteron 175.

Back
Top Bottom