• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opterons 165 & 170 < - Gibbo

Soldato
gibbo doesn't usually bother posting unless it's about something ocuk HAVE or are GETTING - at which time he's pimping it like there's no tomorrow.

Given that he's conspicuous by his absense in this thread (apart from the 2nd post where he's asking what the chips are - lol ;) ), it's beginning to look like ocuk aren't getting these at the moment.

Soldato
Mine should be arriving in stock tomorrow, been waiting for 3 weeks. Was hoping gibbo may have been able to sort something before now, but it is a busy time (with Ati/Nvidia)

Just hoping i can get mine this week!!

Soldato
slightly OT - but what do you have to do (software wise) to have a dual core processor running properly?
Obviously on most machines you will need a bios flash, but what about other software and changes needed - assuming everything has been installed on a single core pc.

Thanks.

Soldato
Ive give up on anywhere in the uk getting them anytime soon. The one place which said they where getting delivery today has instead took the item totally off the website rather than just showing out of stock :confused: .
Luckily Ive just got a friend in the U.S to order me a opty 170, hopefully i wont get stung for tax like i did with paypal fees paying him :D

Associate
Devious said:
Ive give up on anywhere in the uk getting them anytime soon. The one place which said they where getting delivery today has instead took the item totally off the website rather than just showing out of stock :confused: .
Luckily Ive just got a friend in the U.S to order me a opty 170, hopefully i wont get stung for tax like i did with paypal fees paying him :D

I think theres VAT but according to the customs webby ordering a full desktop PC should incur no import tax only VAT, prolly have some stupid rules for separate components though because of sod's law.

Soldato
Pulseammo said:
I think theres VAT but according to the customs webby ordering a full desktop PC should incur no import tax only VAT, prolly have some stupid rules for separate components though because of sod's law.

We'll hes going to send it as a 'used processor' gift and value it much lower (hope it dont go missing!) so theres a chance I may get away with it.

aphex said:
Theres tax for using Paypal? How much was it?

It wasnt tax, lets just say paypals rate of exchange is worse than it should be, and then my friend had to pay fees for accepting the money on the other end which i then had to pay.

Last edited:
Soldato
ps3udo - all I was saying is that calling anything a bug when the person is blatently using the equipment out of its designed spec is not right, in my opinion ( ie by using vapo / mach)

No different from saying a normal crt tv is useless for Hdtv purposes - of course it is because it wasnt designed to be used as such

Just because in theory processors should work (let alone work better) in cold temps doesnt mean they have a bug when they dont!!! Seemingly critisizing a design for not running out of spec is ridiculous - I am meaning the "coldbug" term in general, nothing you said personally - this is "tech-head-edness" gone haywire

Associate
arrived at last. evaded C&E ;) now the fun starts

cpu%20004.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom