• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opterons 165 & 170 < - Gibbo

kbc

kbc

Associate
Lucky you hedgey, push that thing hard... :D Should be able to reach at least 2.4GHz. ;) Always wanted an Opteron but the wait seriously got to me since late November.

Associate
Thechnicaly you're more likly to hear bad things about it because people complain and ask "what the hell am i doing wrong?" when it does go wrong :p

anyway, back to topic... i personal dont see the point in geting a 165 or higher when there raraty maks them about as economical to get as a 4400+ and dont have a unlocked multi... now i'm no OC expert but doesnt that make it harder to clock your memory?

Soldato
Are you implying that the 165 has an unlocked multiplier? It's not clear from your post! The 165, like the X2, is only unlocked downwards not upwards. The only chips that are fully unlocked are the FX chips

You can still easily overclock your memory with a fully unlocked chip - just use a lower multiplier

Associate
cpuz.JPG

limited to 274 by 1.50 bios.

Last edited:
Associate
Just setup my new rig opteron 165 CCB1E 0550 on a K8n sli platinum straight in at 9x300 at stock been dual priming for 2 hours so far at 38c load with a swiftech ultra watercooling.

Associate
ajgoodfellow said:
Are you implying that the 165 has an unlocked multiplier? It's not clear from your post! The 165, like the X2, is only unlocked downwards not upwards. The only chips that are fully unlocked are the FX chips

You can still easily overclock your memory with a fully unlocked chip - just use a lower multiplier

no i meat that the X2 is downwardly unlocked, but i thought that the opterons were all fully locked :confused: locked at arround X13 or X11

and all the Ocing guides i've read say you should lower the multi first

Back
Top Bottom