• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opterons 165 & 170 < - Gibbo

Associate
2.6 @ default volts. need better cooling it gets to 50c if I load both cores.
FX60 for £175 ;)
cpuz.PNG

Soldato
Solouko said:
no i meat that the X2 is downwardly unlocked, but i thought that the opterons were all fully locked :confused: locked at arround X13 or X11

and all the Ocing guides i've read say you should lower the multi first

Nope, the Opterons like the A64 chips are multi-unlocked downwards. That is, the 165 defaults at a 9x multiplier but will work with an 8x multiplier for example :)

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Got some Opterons 170 in stock now. :)

DAMN YOU GIBBO!!

Why didn't you let me know you were getting them in?!

What steppings are they?

I'm finding it hard to justify getting one since I just got a 3700SD...

Grr @ Gibbo

Soldato
well i'm still waiting for my 165 (not in such a rush found a 146 (CAB2E 0546UPMW)) delivered yesterday

suppose to be with me on the 30th, but if theres no sign of it i may have to pick up a 170. Picked up the 165 for £220 though so an extra 100 notes is a bit of a jump.

kbc

kbc

Associate
benktlottie said:
Damn Gibbo ! I wish you had these on Wednesday mate !!! I received my 165 from a competitor yesterday...

Still, ordered a 170 anyway ! :) My wife is gonna nut me when I get home.....

Let us know how you get on with your 170 and have fun clocking it. :) ... the prices of these dual core Opterons are still a bit steep for the price I paid for my 4400+ anyway... But good luck with it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom