Options and idea (pc feeling a bit sorry for itself)

Associate
I have an Chillblast Fusion Sword 2 Gaming PC which I bought from new quite a few years ago (for reference http://pcproblems.co.uk/pt/products...RAM+1TB+HDD+DVDRW+AMD+R7+265+Windows+10+64bit)

Live in a high humidity high dust location and last year the machine started to feel the issues with the summer. So much so I stopped playing games and removed the GFX card to help with heat. (would die when playing Total Wars and especially Runescape)

This year finding the issue has come back (due normal production work) so tested with a quick game of miniclip pool (flash) it will take the machine from mid/upper 40's c to nearly 70c where the mouse started to have a stroke.

First thoughts was to get a new case, but wondering if I just up the dust protection, add some additional fans and up the PS if needed.

So questions...

1) Makes of fan to go for ?
2) Whats the correct way to measure the fan you need? (The top of the machine looks like it has the mounts for a really big fan, but not sure how to measure..)
3) Suck air out or blow it in?
4) any suggestions for filter material?
5) anything else I can do that does not involve having to buy a new case.. (Seen a nice fractal design one, but don't want to spend £140 for the privilege.)

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Ideally you want filtered intakes to help with dust which depend on the case rather than the fans, and more air coming in than out so there's a positive pressure build up in the case that forces dust out.

When you are talking about temperature do you mean CPU package temps? Maybe you could do with a a change of thermal paste or even aftermarket cooler - not sure what is installed on your current PC but if it's the stock intel fan that is notoriously woeful

Back
Top Bottom