1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Opty 165 dual core

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by ichabod crane, 25 Feb 2006.

1. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

Hi i have a pair of opty 165's so basically four cores... i have not installed these yet but i have ordered an Asus K8N DL... now these are 1 way cpus what does this mean?? and if i have them on the asus board will i have four cores running?? thanks for the help

2. Jokester

Don

Doh, it means that they can only be used in single CPU applications (that's 1 chip per system) and even worse than that won't fit that board as 165 are S939 chips, whilst that board is S940.

Jokester

3. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

poo! well i think i will keep the board when it arrives... and just put the 165's back in the cupboard and get some 265's

Last edited: 25 Feb 2006
  4. chex

Hitman

...or you can send one my way and I'll keep it warm for you

5. Explicit

Wise Guy

How many multipliers do the 165s have? 9?

6. Jokester

Don

Yep.

Jokester

7. VeNT

Capodecina

oh god, the thought of two 165s going to waste, PLEASE SET THEM UP AND RUN FOLDING ON THEM!

8. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

im putting them in two pc's one for my dad and one for my bro late xmas pressie