** OSX Yosemite **

Soldato
Anyone having problems connecting to exchange? I wasn't able to do it in Mavericks either. TBH, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with how our exchange server or firewall is setup, but our network admin is next to useless with Macs.

If I bring it in to work and let it autodiscover the mail settings over our wifi it's great. As soon as I go home, it can't connect. I've tried copying settings from PCs and even the iPad but nothing seems to work.

Soldato
Anyone having problems connecting to exchange? I wasn't able to do it in Mavericks either. TBH, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with how our exchange server or firewall is setup, but our network admin is next to useless with Macs.

If I bring it in to work and let it autodiscover the mail settings over our wifi it's great. As soon as I go home, it can't connect. I've tried copying settings from PCs and even the iPad but nothing seems to work.

Your sysadmins need to double check that EWS is available through the firewall and that your SSL certs are valid for your external identity.

Edit: This applies to the servers, rather than the client. Mac Mail.app can fully understand the Outlook Anywhere/autodiscover service, it just needs to be enabled/configured for external usage too.

Last edited:
Associate
Upgraded to Yosemite over the weekend on my mbp retina and all is good.

I like the font and the way it integrates with my iphone.

V F

V F

Soldato
So… Is this "Rocketek USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy USB Adapter - Support Windows 8, 7, XP, Mac OS, Linux; Classic Bluetooth and Stereo Headset Compatible usb 4.0 dongle" good to go for Yosemite?

Or need something more specific?

Looks like one with Broadcom Chipset 20702 is required…

Last edited:
Soldato
So… Is this "Rocketek USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy USB Adapter - Support Windows 8, 7, XP, Mac OS, Linux; Classic Bluetooth and Stereo Headset Compatible usb 4.0 dongle" good to go for Yosemite?

Or need something more specific?

Looks like one with Broadcom Chipset 20702 is required…

I'll admit to only skimming the topic very briefly, but I thought it was a case that you had to buy the official Apple Bluetooth 4.0LE card and fit it inside?

Soldato
Your sysadmins need to double check that EWS is available through the firewall and that your SSL certs are valid for your external identity.

Edit: This applies to the servers, rather than the client. Mac Mail.app can fully understand the Outlook Anywhere/autodiscover service, it just needs to be enabled/configured for external usage too.

He's stuck in his ways and reluctant to help sadly. His response is... "OWA is the supported method". :(

Soldato
He's stuck in his ways and reluctant to help sadly. His response is... "OWA is the supported method". :(

That's a bit pants - does the same apply to any Windows clients you may have? Our sysadmins (myself included) all use Mac/iOS stuff so we got Outlook Anywhere sorted as soon as we got to Exchange 2010.

Keep prodding him and see if he'll support it :p if he's running behind an ISA, it's literally adding in an extra three paths to the publishing rule and running a line of Powershell on the server. Barely a ten minute job including testing.

Soldato
Upgraded to Yosemite and everything seems okay... nothing has gone wrong yet. Dark theme is okay. I like the new notifications. Not had a chance to try hand off as I'm out of the UK. New safari is nice too.

Not much else to say really...

Soldato
Upgraded last night...not sure how much I like it. Underneath the surface everything seems to work the same just little things like the icons which I think should stay on iOS. But I guess I will learn to live with it.

Will upgrade my old Macbook unibody eventually - though I'm not sure if it is even supported.

Soldato
That's a bit pants - does the same apply to any Windows clients you may have? Our sysadmins (myself included) all use Mac/iOS stuff so we got Outlook Anywhere sorted as soon as we got to Exchange 2010.

Keep prodding him and see if he'll support it :p if he's running behind an ISA, it's literally adding in an extra three paths to the publishing rule and running a line of Powershell on the server. Barely a ten minute job including testing.

No, Windows clients can connect fine, I use Outlook 2013 on my home PC and Windows laptop without any issue.

We're using Outlook Anywhere on Exchange 2010. I wish I knew more so I could tell him what was needed to be done, I'm pretty sure if I could give tell him how to do it, he would.

Soldato
Anyone managed to install a bootcamp partition? I'm getting a "your disk cannot be partitioned" error upon first setting the partition size in boot camp assistant.

Is this a result of Yosemite defaulting to installing as a core volume partition now (or something to that effect)?

How am I supposed to setup a bootcamp install?! :(

Soldato
Anyone managed to install a bootcamp partition? I'm getting a "your disk cannot be partitioned" error upon first setting the partition size in boot camp assistant.

Is this a result of Yosemite defaulting to installing as a core volume partition now (or something to that effect)?

How am I supposed to setup a bootcamp install?! :(

Can you not resize the partition manually with Disk Utility and install Windows that way?

Caporegime
My only issue since upgrading is this message repeatedly.

8dDRUmk.jpg

I click ok and it goes away for a while then comes back. I have the latest version of Java, any ideas folks? I didn't think I was using any apps which use Java!

Soldato
My only issue since upgrading is this message repeatedly.

8dDRUmk.jpg

I click ok and it goes away for a while then comes back. I have the latest version of Java, any ideas folks? I didn't think I was using any apps which use Java!

We've had a similar issue with our SonicWALL NetExtender VPN client. We had to click the "More Information" button, download the JRE that Apple point you to and then it works fine.

Caporegime
We've had a similar issue with our SonicWALL NetExtender VPN client. We had to click the "More Information" button, download the JRE that Apple point you to and then it works fine.

Hmmm ok. I'll give this a go. When I click it it thinks I have V7 installed yet Javas own website says I have the latest :confused:

I'll try again tonight, ta :)

Soldato
I've barely been able to shut down since upgrading to Yosemite.

All clicking shutdown does is hide the top status bar but the thing never shuts down and some times it even crashes the mac.

This is on my late 2013 rMBP. Shutting down was also a problem in Mavericks (something to do with a shared network drive) but it would always shut down on the second attempt. Now it won't. It's very frustrating!

Soldato
Hmmm ok. I'll give this a go. When I click it it thinks I have V7 installed yet Javas own website says I have the latest :confused:

I'll try again tonight, ta :)

You'll need Java 8u25 for Yosemite. I just got that from the Java website and haven't had the pop-up since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom