** OSX Yosemite **

Soldato
No, Windows clients can connect fine, I use Outlook 2013 on my home PC and Windows laptop without any issue.

We're using Outlook Anywhere on Exchange 2010. I wish I knew more so I could tell him what was needed to be done, I'm pretty sure if I could give tell him how to do it, he would.

He'll have a rule for OWA that let's external requests into the Exchange server. The rule - if he's using ISA/TMG - will be setup as /OWA/* in the rule (and probably /rpc/* if Outlook Anywhere works properly), he just needs to also allow /EWS/* and /autodiscover/*. In fact, here's a screenshot of ours, just show him this :p :

OPYkd24.png

Associate
How, there is no Java Runtimes in App Store?

Sorry it was not through the app store.

I had JDK 1.8 installed on my machine but when I upgraded to Yosemite my IntelliJ IDE would not load. I was directed to link on apple website where I downloaded Java for OSX.

This fixed the issue for me.

Associate
Anyone had any issues installing yosemite? After I download and run installation it says 'This copy of the Install OS X Yosemite application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading.'

Just got around to making a bootable usb so deleted and redownloaded and this didn't solve the issue. Just says it cannot be completed after booting from the yosemite installer then powers down the macbook, can only think something must be very wrong with the app store download? Very odd! :confused:

Soldato
He'll have a rule for OWA that let's external requests into the Exchange server. The rule - if he's using ISA/TMG - will be setup as /OWA/* in the rule (and probably /rpc/* if Outlook Anywhere works properly), he just needs to also allow /EWS/* and /autodiscover/*. In fact, here's a screenshot of ours, just show him this :p :

OPYkd24.png

Thanks for that, I've forwarded it on to him with some sweet talking. Will see how we get on. :)

Soldato
Yea, I've had no bugs at all in Yosemite. App update details don't show in iTunes 12.0.1 but that's the only one I've found and it's hardly a show-stopper.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've barely been able to shut down since upgrading to Yosemite.

All clicking shutdown does is hide the top status bar but the thing never shuts down and some times it even crashes the mac.

This is on my late 2013 rMBP. Shutting down was also a problem in Mavericks (something to do with a shared network drive) but it would always shut down on the second attempt. Now it won't. It's very frustrating!

Fresh install.

Soldato
I've had issue too with Yosemite, I was on the public beta's without a hitch. The full install decided to wipe a lot of things (Hosts files, VPN settings etc etc), and its so much slower. Going to start a fresh install now.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
After couple of days with Yosemite I also think it's very buggy. Had session where apps started locking up one by one, couldn't even kill some of them, any attempt to kill would end with either activity monitor or terminal going into beachball olympics. Had a session where I left the machine on for 12 hours without using it and upon return everything started locking up when I tried to read something from internal raid drive (disk power saving options are disabled on my Mac Pro, so no, they didn't go into power saving mode, or at least shouldn't). Only one out of four shutdowns was successful, three times it all ended with black screen, dock and finder not responding, upon finder relaunched the screen just stays black with cursor on it.

Also, Yosemite refused to do recovery partition on my raid boot drive during installation, so I tried to make bootable USB drive, but everything I try fails to show up during boot. I've tried manual creation, I've tried diskmakerX, managed to make it three times, but it still doesn't show up during "alt" boot.

Soldato

*img snip*

Well, forwarded this on to him and he immediately made a quick tweak, he said the only thing he didn't have there was autodiscover.

Tested last night, deleted the old exchange account and thought I'd create a new one. It seems to get part way there (but it did before), it seems to find the server, accept the certificate but then fails to find my account.

I'm at a loss.

Soldato
Well, forwarded this on to him and he immediately made a quick tweak, he said the only thing he didn't have there was autodiscover.

Tested last night, deleted the old exchange account and thought I'd create a new one. It seems to get part way there (but it did before), it seems to find the server, accept the certificate but then fails to find my account.

I'm at a loss.

Trust me, probably better to take this away from the main topic :)

Back
Top Bottom