1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other games like homeworld?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by radio91, 23 Jan 2006.

1. radio91

Associate

I loved the original Homeworld game, Found the second one good also but it was not the same. I also liked ORB-off world resource base, It was'nt as good a homeworld but it was still a great game. Are there any other games out their like this to try?

2. TheGreatGrrrr

Hitman

If you want to get into a space based mmorpg, look into eve online - http://www.eve-online.com

This will keep you entertained for a long while if you put the time and effort into it.

3. radio91

Associate

IM not into eve-online Because it would eat up my life, My mate plays it and I just cant afford to give up that much time.

Im interested in other space games ?

4. pieman109

Soldato

Do you mean "homeworld 2 " or homeworld cataclysm"? Homeworld 2 is a worthy successor to the original, but gameplay is a bit tedious in comparison. Got some nice features though and looks prettier. Cataclysm was/is a but cheesy as the vocals are quite bad, but plays in a similar manner to the original.

5. radio91

Associate

Iv played cataclysum and homeworld 2 I ment homeworld 2, But are there no other games like this except ORB?

6. William

Capodecina

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Somewhat similar, although its squadron command rather than fleet command.

7. Bellboy

Gangster

Star Wars: Supremacy?

Not really that much like it but I always enjoyed it when I played it, still got my save games somewhere.

8. Sleepery

Sgarrista

Nexus is about the closest I've seen. Quality game, although not quite at Cataclysm's level (cataclysm was by far the best of the homeworlds. Siege cannon was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in a game).

9. radio91

Associate

Yes nexus looks good! Im gonna get that! Any other good space games about does not have to be like home world, Have there been any games like freespace released in the last couple of years? I loved that game!

10. Anim

Mobster

nexus is an AWESOME game, one of my favourite ever single player games.

11. Ozias

Gangster

You might alos like to try Hegemonia: Legions of Iron and the expansion pack : The Solon Heritage.