Other shooting in America

Soldato
Video removed - Rilot

Two men were arrested in Texas after they allegedly shot and killed a man over a dispute about garbage in an alleyway and a newly released video shows the deadly encounter.

John Miller, 67, and his son, 31-year-old Michael Miller, were arrested after Aaron Howard, 37, was fatally shot on Sept. 1, the Abilene Police Department announced.

The neighbors had been arguing about the trash in the alleyway for days before the fatal shooting, police said. The day of Howard's death, John Miller had gone to throw the garbage out before the situation escalated.

Police said the elder Miller had a handgun, and the younger Miller went inside his home to get a shotgun. "Someone reportedly went inside the deceased's residence to get a baseball bat," but ultimately Howard was killed.

Howard's fiancee, Kara Box, filmed the heated encounter and released it to local news outlets because, as she told KTXS-TV, "People deserve to know what actually happened and you know they deserve to know John and Michael Miller are murderers."

The video shows both sides getting loud, with the Millers armed, and with Howard at one point shouting: "You pulled a gun in front of my kids over a f------ mattress."

Box told the Forth Worth Star-Telegram that John Miller took a mattress Howard placed in a dumpster in the nearby alleyway out of the dumpster, and threw it on Howard's property. Following that, Box said, John Miller pulled "a pistol out of his shorts."

"Aaron goes into pappa bear mode," Box said. "A man has just pulled a gun on his wife, his brother, his nieces and nephews."

Both sides appear to be slinging threats and vulgar language at each other, while both the Millers are seen armed with firearms.

"You're not gonna shoot my husband," Box is heard saying, while Howard shouts: "Shoot me!"

At least four gunshots are then heard on the video while Michael Miller is captured aiming his shotgun.

Both John and Michael Miller were arrested and charged with murder, police said. They were reportedly released after posting $25,000 bail.

So this happened few days ago, It's beginning to get around the Internet.

Well, needless to say, everyone is stupid in this video.

The dad with the pistol seems the most calm of them all.
The son is egging the guy who got shot on.
The guy who got shot is super hostile.
The wife is egging them on.

The dad should with his son should had retreated, why are they standing there? They are the ones with the guns, they should had backed away, retreated back to their homes or something.

The wife should had dragged her husband away.

This really sums up why training with firearms with behaviour and situational training should be given before you allowed to own a gun for defence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
this happens literally daily there

just read the "our well regulated militia" twitter feed.

this isnt even abnormal or strange or out of the ordinary in america.

if anything this and the 30,000 other events each year prove that firearms ownership should be linked to malita membership, ie to own a gun you have to be in the forces or national guard.

like Switzerland

This really sums up why training with firearms with behaviour and situational training should be given before you allowed to own a gun for defence.

no one used a gun for defense here

Soldato
Well need to get background info. Actually looks like the dad and son tooled up as probably have had previous arguments with this guy(who comes across as deranged). Howard then threatens to shoot the dad in the head and does he actually fire at him, I don't think you can see. Overall at first glance I think they will get off with self defence.

Bit of inbreeding going on I think also. Retards the brain I think.

Caporegime
Well need to get background info. Actually looks like the dad and son tooled up as probably have had previous arguments with this guy(who comes across as deranged). Howard then threatens to shoot the dad in the head and does he actually fire at him, I don't think you can see. Overall at first glance I think they will get off with self defence.

matress was thrown in dumpster they threw it back in this guys yard guy put it back in dumpster they confronted him and family tooled up and shot him.

they will go down for murder i think

even without that theyd be done for brandishing you cant pull a gun to threaten someone in the US its a crime. so they comiited that from the get go when they came out shirtless and armed

100% this.

but you can see how the victim would have thought they wouldnt shoopt him as you expet people to be vaugely rational

Soldato
Did they actually pull or aim the guns though, I think the other guy has a handgun also and he was threatening to kill the older guy.

It depends on the states rules regarding guns as they all vary. Some you can shoot for very little reason others you really need to be in imminent danger.

Have to let a jury decide.

Man of Honour
There was 3-4 shootings that made the news in the last 2-3 days including some guy who went shooting in an old people's home and a women who shot up where she just got fired/let go from - I was going to post them in the other thread but it just got a little silly I'd barely finished reading the news on one before the next happened.

Caporegime
Did they actually pull or aim the guns though, I think the other guy has a handgun also and he was threatening to kill the older guy.

It depends on the states rules regarding guns as they all vary. Some you can shoot for very little reason others you really need to be in imminent danger.

Have to let a jury decide.

Did you even watch the video the 2 guys have guns the other one is unarmed they shoot him repeatedly.

They broke the law the moment they went out that brandishing arms

They've been charges with murder so it's ublklikey they have a defence

Did they actually pull or aim the guns though, I

They're shirtles carrying a handgun and shotgun with no holster etc

Caporegime
There was 3-4 shootings that made the news in the last 2-3 days including some guy who went shooting in an old people's home and a women who shot up where she just got fired/let go from - I was going to post them in the other thread but it just got a little silly I'd barely finished reading the news on one before the next happened.

Mass shok y ing are litteraly a daily occurance

Soldato
Did you even watch the video the 2 guys have guns the other one is unarmed they shoot him repeatedly.

They broke the law the moment they went out that brandishing arms

They've been charges with murder so it's ublklikey they have a defence

They're shirtles carrying a handgun and shotgun with no holster etc

Well I'm not even really that bothered but just for the sake of it...

It's Texas so open carry for handguns means they must be in a holster and long arms you can brandish in a non threatening way afaics. So your half right there.

The other guy was armed with a bat it seems and he did lift the bat in a threatening way while 7 feet away. He also threatened to either shoot or kill them several times.

Watched it again and your right the old guy threatens to kill him first. I could swear Howard does shoot back though, maybe not. So yes it's provably a clear case of murder.

Caporegime
Bit silly to get aggressive once guns are drawn, ego should have been put to one side and the police called/neighbours arrested for brandishing.

I suspect Texas is very lenient with regards to self defence/using guns when there is a perceived threat etc... (IIRC you can shoot a robber in the back when they're getting away even) I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to get manslaughter (if that is an option)/don't get murder. I mean the guy who got shot did threaten them himself/threatened to shoot them - that doesn't help matters.

Soldato
The USA love affair with firearms continues.

I'm so glad we're strict on gun ownership and handguns are banned.

The knife and acid situation is getting worse though, hope we don't start looking at laws giving us the right to carry blades and acid for self defence!

Caporegime
Watched it again and your right the old guy threatens to kill him first. I could swear Howard does shoot back though, maybe not. So yes it's provably a clear case of murder.

I don't think it is a clear case at all, the orange guy makes the first threat (at least in the footage we have) - "I'm gonna put a 9 in this ****er" to which the old guy replies with "back off" twice and then says he'll kill him if he comes any closer.

It doesn't help at all that the orange shirt guy is the aggressive one, squaring up/approaching them, repeating threats towards them etc.. whereas they remain relatively clam and mostly just tell him to back off etc... albeit with clear threats re: what will happen if he approaches - if in the US it is reasonable to defend yourself against someone with a bat by shooting them then I can't see how it is clearly murder at all (as bat **** crazy as it seems by our standards).

The wife really didn't help matters either, the husband is all riled up trying to be all alpha - instead of stepping in to pull him away/telling him to calm down, don't approach the gun nuts who are squaring off with you she instead adds some more fuel to his false sense of confidence with: "you're not going to shoot my husband".

Back
Top Bottom