Other than Chief Goalkick Generator....

Man of Honour
....what is the point of Darron Gibson?

Yes, this is a somewhat frivolous thread, but after 10 years on the forums I have finally succombed, and posted an entirely new thread on a somewhat limited subject. I have chosen now as the moment, to ask the most pressing quesiton in the past 10 years of watching football, and in all seriousness:

What is Darron Gibson in aid of?
Am I missing something, is he breaking up the play, winning the ball, spraying the ball around like Jan Molby after the promise of a KFC bargain bucket for every assist?

Discuss.

Caporegime
Hey, leave off him :mad:

He performs several important functions including:

1.) As shown today, sometimes when United have the ball in a dangerous position, he'll very helpfully clear the ball behind and give the opposition a goal kick and a bit of a breather.

2.) Sometimes, by the law of chance, a player passes the ball to him and it amazingly bounces of Gibson's foot and towards another United player. Most of the time we call this a pass, but with Gibson it's merely a statistical chance.

3.) He looks a bit Grrrr sometimes, it might help terrify more weakminded opposition.

Read about these and many, many more functions in my upcoming book, 'Darren Gibson: How a vegetable once played for United'

Man of Honour
He's scored a few long range efforts that I can remember.

Two spring to mind, the one against Bayern in the Champions League and against Spurs in the Carling Cup last season.

Caporegime
Christ Shami, you dont half bloody moan :p :D

"Are you DM in disguise?!"

It's what I think. Did Gibson sleep with your mum or something Sham?

He's by no means the worst United player Fergie has started, I don't think he's "that" bad, he needs a run in the side and he'll improve, shows glimpses of being a half decent player.

Soldato
....what is the point of Darron Gibson?

Yes, this is a somewhat frivolous thread, but after 10 years on the forums I have finally succombed, and posted an entirely new thread on a somewhat limited subject. I have chosen now as the moment, to ask the most pressing quesiton in the past 10 years of watching football, and in all seriousness:

What is Darron Gibson in aid of?
Am I missing something, is he breaking up the play, winning the ball, spraying the ball around like Jan Molby after the promise of a KFC bargain bucket for every assist?

Discuss.

You could add Michael Carrick, Anderson, Johnny Evans and John O'Shea to your list as well. Definate weak links the lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom